Very nice '50 Spring Special on eBay

Local for me if anyone is seriously interested in buying.

wow, not a bad price either! (so far, and reserve not met) We could always go look at it! Have you ever seen it around town Ed?

wow, not a bad price either! (so far, and reserve not met) We could always go look at it! Have you ever seen it around town Ed?

It looks slightly familiar but I think I've just seen it forsale elsewhere. I don't think I've seen it in person.

Wouldn't a real Spring Special have the roof the same color as the rest? And I could have sworn they weren't available until the 51 up series...

The builder did make a really nice start on his clone though.

I believe the roof paint would be the same as the lower body color as part of the factory Spring Special option. I think the originals were only available in two shades of green.

This is not a Spring Special - but a nice truck with a two-tone paint job.

Wouldn't a real Spring Special have the roof the same color as the rest? And I could have sworn they weren't available until the 51 up series...

according to the pictures of a known survivor in the History and Restoration Guide 1918-1971..YES..roof is that of the bottom color..but hey..the picture is black and white...lol

I found this awhile back that confirmed some info in Bunn's books...that one pic appears to show the black grille bars that Bunn wrote about for the '50 Spring Special he found...I didn't believe it at first glance, but after I thought about it for a good while, it made sense since Dodge had the park lamp doors painted black for '48-'50.

hard to criticize such a beautiful truck..

but if I were to make one, he could have cleaned up the engine compartment a little (considering it has had some miles on it and it gets used) not a big deal..but looks a little messy