Carlisle

Oldguy48

Took a trip to the Spring Carlisle, PA event yesterday. I needed some trim clips for my P15. Stopped in at Restoration Specialties tent to inquire. The gentleman took one glance at one of the clips, and immediately knew exactly what vehicle it was for. I found that to be incredible that of the large variety of trim clips they deal with, that he could immediately identify it. He had none with him for the show, but assured me that if I sent my sample clips to them they could match them up and furnish replacements. I have no connection to these folks. Just thought I'd share a good experience.:D

I forgot about this meet and tried to place my order over the phone...the guy let at the store immediately informed that the man who is in the know for old mopar is at the meet and to call back first of this coming week..believe his name is Dave..he is a whiz..I think have the correct stuff picked out but want his confirmaton before placing the order..

Normally I get my supplies in person at the swaps but missed the Charlotte meet this year...usually the show prices are a tad better for some reason..great people to deal with compared to a few other big name companies I could name..

I forgot about this meet and tried to place my order over the phone...the guy let at the store immediately informed that the man who is in the know for old mopar is at the meet and to call back first of this coming week..believe his name is Dave..he is a whiz..I think have the correct stuff picked out but want his confirmaton before placing the order..

Normally I get my supplies in person at the swaps but missed the Charlotte meet this year...usually the show prices are a tad better for some reason..great people to deal with compared to a few other big name companies I could name..

You can save shipping if you buy at the show, which for some reason keeps going up.:rolleyes: I really like to touch, feel, and look at the part. You know the quality and if you have your old part you can compare. Never been to Carlisle but have hear alot about it, maybe next year.

pray tell, what did you do to make it 'their' nice show..gotcha..!!

Tim;

I think what he was saying was "I was there. It was a nice show."

Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete ("over there by the building") or more abstract ("it must be difficult to live there").

Also use there with the verb BE (is, am, are, was, were) to indicate the existence of something, or to mention something for the first time.

Use their to indicate possession. It is a possessive adjective and indicates that a particular noun belongs to them.

If you wrote there, will the sentence still make sense if you replace it with here? If so, you're using it correctly.

If you chose their, will the sentence still make sense if you replace it with our? If so, you've chosen the correct word.

So there goes another thread oft into the Bush's.

We were talking a bout Lyle,s kar, and now we are oft on typewriters:)

By the way, the last typewriter plant in the world has closed down

Sad to hear that as an ancestor of the inventor of them. At least we are still using his keyboard layout.

"They're over there by their car".

Their, there, and they're are probably the most missused words in our language. I notice things like this quite often, and I get annoyed but I usually let it slide. But since it has come up now I figured I'd weigh in. It's good that we can all have fun with things like this.

Merle

I also love it when I hear someone say something like, "Take those steaks out of the freezer so they can unthaw." I will usually reply with, "If you want them UNthawed wouldn't you leave them IN the freezer? If you take them out of the freezer they will thaw."

I catch people on that one all of the time. Maybe it's just a Wisconsin thing.

my spelling errors are 99 fat fingers because 75% I am typing to fast..oh wait..it is no longer called typing..the catch word today is "keyboarding"

Tim, I'm with you on the "typing". And I swear that most of my typos are because the keys move around when I'm typing. And if it's called "keyboarding" how can you have a "typo" (typographical error)? I guess it's a Spell Check error now. :rolleyes:

Tim, I'm with you on the "typing". And I swear that most of my typos are because the keys move around when I'm typing. And if it's called "keyboarding" how can you have a "typo" (typographical error)? I guess it's a Spell Check error now. :rolleyes:

When you call it "keyboarding" I get an image in my head of some younger long haired guys walking down the street with their keyboards an talking about some gnarly grammar they've been surfin' through. Maybe like Shawn Penn in the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.