brush gaurd

41/53dodges

Frank Mitchell -AMS- has a NOS one for sale I think it's only $450.00 too.

There were after market guards and custom built ones of course. Never have seen one with a "D" in the center in any old literature or in person myself. Would look nice though. If I wanted one I'd make it-easy enough to fab up if you do much welding. Just a thought.

Bob

If you bought a truck in 1948.....and were a farmer etc...there were many low speed "hazards" that would damage your front end. We have beef cattle here and when you've got a 1200 lb cow that decides to rub up to your ride...well...you have a nice push dent. In some literature its refer to as a "radiator guard". Maybe Dutch knows where his came from....

48D

post-580-13585359498319_thumb.jpg

I've got one of those that came off my truck when I bought it. Thinkin' about putting it back on because its period correct. Mike

If you bought a truck in 1948.....and were a farmer etc...there were many low speed "hazards" that would damage your front end. We have beef cattle here and when you've got a 1200 lb cow that decides to rub up to your ride...well...you have a nice push dent. In some literature its refer to as a "radiator guard". Maybe Dutch knows where his came from....

48D

the cow "rub" is why my fenders are all pushed around....

Here's another look at the "D" grille.......

48D

The kid's right. It'll carry 1.5 tons easily even though it's only rated as a 1 ton. I hope he has it "On the Road Again" by now. I got a kick out of his description of those special metal thing-a-ma-jigs in the bed.

I remember diagnosing that I was going to have to get a new tranny in my first pilothouse cause the thing would not catch when we tried to start it on compression by towing it with another vehicle. I'd never heard of fluid drive.:o

My truck came with an aftermarket one when I got it, different style than that. I took it off and am contemplating selling it. It bolted to the front bumper and the original owner bolted a spare tire to it. If you are looking for one to restore, PM me and I can take a picture or strike a deal.

Edited by rustyzman