OK, how many "young" guys do we have on this forum??

BobT-47P15

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 52. About 10 years ago I was leaving a car show with my '41 Dodge and some kids were egging everyone on to do burnouts. One of them saw the old car and yelled "Lay a patch Pappy"! My wife and daughter were in our Dart behind me and told "everyone" about it. A couple guys still rib me about it. :)

So, been lurking here for a while ... I'm 44 years young and live in Sweden. I have a -48 Desoto S11 that I got this summer.

//daniel

Tjänare Daniel, dear neighbour...

Welcome to our crowd! Where in Sweden you are located?

I'm born in Karleby, Österbotten, now living in Jyväskylä.

Still hang around in west coast of Finland in summers.

We have car club meetings in Jakobstad and Karleby area, where folks also from Sweden do attend.

/Pekka

P.S.

Congratulation for your DeSoto. S11 is a good looking ride.

45. Do I qualify as being young? Still feel young, especially now that I have retired from playing cricket. Used to take me til Tuesday to recover!!!

I've been around mopars all my life. My dad had a 48 Plymouth. He worked for Chrysler Australia Ltd and also had a VF Valiant VIP, VH Pacer, CM Regal. He also had the ubiquitous FJ Holden plus some others. I have owned a 1970 VG Pacer 4 door, a 1937 Plymouth 4 door, a 34 Plymouth roadster pickup, and now have 2 Dodge Kingsways.

Cheers, Louie

Well getting closer to the building year "1948" of my Plymouth business coupe.

Why this car, because a business coupe is just something extremely beautiful.

Why an old car: I do like to looks of the 40s.

Thom

At 36 I've made the cut. I've been into old car as long as I can remember and still have my 51 chevy pickup I got when I was 15. I've only just recently joined the mopar family (5 years ago) with the purchase of my 40 plymouth sedan. I've also restored my dad's first car a 27 chrysler and have just started our winter project a 1952 D2 Cat. It's also interesting to see how many here grew up on, around, or worked on farms. I'm helping run our family's dairy farm started by my grandpa. I keep telling my wife if I ever grow up I'll also be able to say I grew up on a farm.

Reg;

Is that photo for the young guys or the old guys on this forum?

Oh....sorry Don. I posted the wrong photo. It was suppost to be this photo of this years Miss Harvest Moon beauty contest winner. There were many contestents but this young lady has won for 3 straight years now.

Purrrdy aint she.

very-ugly-women-teeth-girl-vampire-.jpg

ANOTHER 31 here.

Got the classic car bug from my dad, he had a few, nothin' fancy. But he liked early 60's tbirds mostly. hehehe

First classic car I had was 57 chevy belair sport sedan...what an experience. That's all I have to say about THAT car! hahaha. My dad helped me pay for it when I was 20...it was only $3k. And not worth every penny...hahaha. I then moved on to a 59 stude lark 6, 31 chevy rumble roadster(I wish I still had it):(, 56 caddy sedan deville beehive rust bucket edition, 58 caddy coupe deville - a real cruiser, 43 willys MB, 76 Jaguar XJ6 bucket o'rust, and some later crap too. Like 85 chevy spectrum, 87 honda accord, 89 pontiac grandMA. AND the second best yet MOST reliable car I have ever owned, the 30K original mileage 87 Plymouth Reliant LE. I would have taken it to CA when I moved, but the shipping cost more than the car was worth.

Oh wow, I forgot to mention the most wonderful car ever to come into my life. hahaha My Daily Driver and only car left, the 39 P7.