Cooper and I at it again

1940plymouth

Yesterday Cooper and I went for another ride on some back roads, thought I would share a few of the photos. The paint is getting weak on the old girl, but she is my "Driveable Dream"

Hope everyone has a good day and has a chance to drive their cars this coming weekend and also share their outings in photos also.

Bob

post-2100-13585354635902_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354636218_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354636579_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354636911_thumb.jpg

Bob, nice pics.........good to see you're doing what Walter P intended with his cars..............andyd

Thanks for all the comments, here are some that I took today. As everyone can see, I like taking all the back roads in the area. The one with OLD GLORY was taken at a freind's house, he was working on his 1950 Farmall A.

Hope everyone is having a good day, I sure know that I am:):)

Bob

post-2100-13585354653683_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354654038_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354654321_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585354654629_thumb.jpg

Niel,

At this point he hasn't ever tried to jump out while I park the car to take photos. He is just content to look out the window. Believe me your thoughts have also crossed my mind. I always leave the passenger side window up as we are driving, so he does't get tempted.

Niel' date='

At this point he hasn't ever tried to jump out while I park the car to take photos. He is just content to look out the window. Believe me your thoughts have also crossed my mind. I always leave the passenger side window up as we are driving, so he does't get tempted.[/quote']

We have a harness that a seatbelt fits through for our Boxer. He can still move around or lay down, but it keeps him from going out the window or in a quick stop from hitting the dash/windshield.

We have a harness that a seatbelt fits through for our Boxer. He can still move around or lay down, but it keeps him from going out the window or in a quick stop from hitting the dash/windshield.

We have one for our french Bulldog and it works great. My wife and I were just talking about it today, saying how great it is.

That sounds like a neat thing to have. My son has a greyhound that will go like a rocket at the sight of a small animal, so a restrainer would be nice.

Coopers a good doggie.

Greyhounds have been bred to have that behaviour. I don't think there is such a thing as a well-behaved greyhound.

My parents considered getting a retired greyhound until I explained to them the maintenance required with them. Very thin-skinned and prone to sunburn if I understand correctly. Kudos to your son for taking on that responsibility. I'm a cat person myself because I love their independence.

I must say that it sounds like you have not been around greyhounds. They are noted for being lazy, sleeping more hours than awake and calm beyond belief. The best reputation is that of being a throw rug. When you see them at adoption centers they appear to be drugged they are so laid back. That, however, is how they really are.

They do have thin hair, which means you shouldn't leave one out in the cold, but sunburn, never heard that.

They will sing to you on command merely by humming at them for a second, or playing certain music on a radio. Its called "rooing" and is really hilarious if you can get two or more together.

Seriously, greyhounds are great pets, easily trained and very loyal. Some even call them big goofy babies and they are not far off, but thats why they fit in some families so well.

Am I predjudiced? Just a little, I think all dogs are good dogs, Boxers are my favorite, but a big greyhound is a good friend for me right now, too.

No offense meant, here, not even to Cooper.

For fun, search youtube for greyhounds rooing, its a good laugh.

I'm a cat person myself because I love their independence.

Ditto.

Great pictures though, Bob. I always enjoy looking at them and Cooper sure does seem like a nice dog. That old road looks wonderful for driving old cars on.

Niel;

You nailed it on the greyhounds-the original couch potato. My daughter adopted an ex-racer. He was very loving and EXTREMELY lazy. I don't recall ever hearing a sound come out of him. He was a very good pet and member of the family.

one of our members had a greyhound, ex racing dog at that...door mat would be a step up for that dog..he put the ouch in couch potator

That would be me. He passed several years ago. Still miss him pretty much every day. He was about the best behaved dog I've ever had (or seen for that matter). Never barked at anything (he would speak when I asked him to, though). I actually was able to train him to sit which greyhounds don't typically like to do.

I heard a rumor a couple weeks ago that Illinois is closing one or more dog tracks and there will be many more dogs up for adoption. Just in case you were thinking about it.

I am a dog lover having owned many in my lifetime. My question is (I have never been to a dog race in my life) what is wrong with racing dogs that are bred to race? Are they put down after they lose a few races unless someone steps in and adopts them? The term rescue is used for this breed but I do not know why? Enlighten me. Several years ago when my mother-in-law was in a Hospice House (I donate funds to this originazation when ever possible) a very nice gentelman brought his greyhound dressed in easter garb to my mother-in-laws bedside and it made her day.