did they make belvederes in 1951?

1just4don

I have NEVER seen one before. Didnt even know they existed. Course we are from poor farming country and hardtops werent a priority here back then. Specially IF they cost an extra 100 bucks or more.

All regular sedans I can recall from my days of old,,and I drove a few of them back then. Very few biz coupes too as those back seats came out and ALOT of stuff got hauled back there,,,doubled as a poor mans pickup. I remeber being sent to town once to get 'coal' and was instructed to get XXX amount of pounds. A kid has NO idea how much that would be and the yelling got loud when 3 times that was had instead.

Lots of livestock was hauled in back seat areas also!!(and trunks) Wish I could find pics of animals in back seat areas,that would be way cool. Sheep, calves and hogs were known to ride to town in style,,,'here'

Ive only heard of them having deluxe and special deluxe wagons in 49 and 50. Deluxe were metal special deluxe woodies. Then in 51-52 the savoy name came out for the top most model of wagon.

Greg, the name Savoy was attached to the 51 Suburban before becoming an offical mid-line Plymouth in 1954...it IS the high trim line of the Suburban..they had the windshield trim and beltline molding..not sure what else and the special SAVOY fender scripts that Reg auctioned off last month..

I have both a 1951 and a 1952 Belvedere. I restored the 1952 in 1973. Belmont Blue poly lower and Sterling grey top.

Bob

Greg, the name Savoy was attached to the 51 Suburban before becoming an offical mid-line Plymouth in 1954...it IS the high trim line of the Suburban..they had the windshield trim and beltline molding..not sure what else and the special SAVOY fender scripts that Reg auctioned off last month..

Here's the Savoy Suburban I sold a while back on eBay. Note the stainless windshield trim and beltline. I kept the luggage rack for my early 49 Suburban.

52plymouthsuburban.jpg