Cold Morning OT

55 Fargo

Hi all, just to let you Southern Boys know what you are missin.

Winnipeg area, temp -21, Minneapolis MN -14, Milwaukee WS -4, Joplin Missouri, 9 above. Now isn't this beautiful frosty Saturday morning weather.

Tim, how is verything in Georgia this morning, is it still cold and raining.

Fred its just lovely out. I haven't been outside yet but it seems like a perfectly good morning to replace the intake gaskets on my buddies 97 chev pickup. He'll be over at 8

Winnipeg area, temp -21, Minneapolis MN -14, Milwaukee WS -4, Joplin Missouri, 9 above. Now isn't this beautiful frosty Saturday morning weather.

Yep, -12 in Monticello and I'm about to get dressed to take the dog out for his morning Poop. He's not allowed to do that in the house so I hope he gets the job done quick. Yesterday it wasn't as bad but he hightailed it directly towards a sheltered tree and got the job done and took a bee line right back to the house. Hardly worth my effort of putting on the parka and boots but he is smart enough not to go it alone.

Dennis

Well I will be puttin on the insulated coveralls, head sock,sorel boots and going outto pick-up frozen dog turds,say good morning to my 47. My dog stays outsidfe in an insulated doghouse, with a250 infared heatbulb inside, the type you see in barns.

Ed, just through the heat on in the garage, is it insulated, inside the garage is not too bad, I could get mine up to 60 or so if I ahd to, even when it's this cold..............Fred ps I think we should all phone Tim Adams and see how cool it is in Georgia this morning

Fred had the Joplin temp just right. brrrrr

Stopped on my way to work this morning (Sat)......we are open from 9 til

noon most Saturdays......at a new small cafe close to the house. Small

is the key word here.....it may seat up to 15 or so. Turns out the operator

of the place is an insurance customer at our office. Sitting at one table

was the mayor of our village and his wife....he's a used car dealer and

just happens to be babysitting the yellow and white 56 Dodge I've looked

at. (It needs enough work I'm not going to buy it....but it's not all so

bad either). Then I knew two other customers as well....so kinda like

"old home week". Oh, yes, the biscuits and gravy----they were real

good with lots of sausage ground up in the gravy.....and with 3 slices

of fresh tomato on the side. Got 'em to go.....ate here at work and

been reading the forum all the while.

Gotta play music this afternoon from 4 til 7:30. Otherwise, don't have

much to do today.:)

its 36 degrees and raining...I-75 is backed up from ducks hitch hiking south..

Yah know Tim, up here in fall or early spring, when its around the 32 to 40 mark and raining feels worse than when it's colder and dry. At 36 and rain, it is cold and damp, goes right through you. In about 6 weeks, it will be nice spring weather in Georgia, up here we will start the defrost cycle if were lucky.............Fred

Fred..just hoping to see the 50's and clear as promised for tomorrow..will take dry only, want to get the roof on the building...worked out there last night and got all the prep work done, the entire base has been trenched and lined with rubber to help keep the floor dry inside..works extemely well..I retro fitted this to my original barn after initial build..(166 foot of trenching) it stays very dry now..all post cut flush to roof, hurricane clips installed..flashed to the existing overhang (had to cut and remove 30 feet of overhang) ripped my lumber on the table saw..just need a clear day now.

I did the frozen dog land mine removal a few days ago before the snow started :(

Been snowing steadily for a couple of days, we woke up this morning to a fairly heavy snowfall predicted to last the day for sure. Minus 18c for a low tonight, more snow...yuck

Gotta go look for the snow shovel extension cord :)

I did this method for as stated earlier..concrete floors would put this building off the scale for cost and taxes...as I never work in it..it is all storage only.. hit 2948 sq. feet now this addition..parking my cars in there over those blue poly tarp shields them from moisture...they weather very well out there..

That -4 in Milwaukee sounds like a heat wave. I saw -12 on my truck temp readout this morning at 7:00AM. That big pond on the east side of Milwaukee (Lake Michigan) tends to keep things warmer this time of year. Get 10-20 miles away from it and it looses it's effect.

It's warmed up to a balmy -5 now at noon. :P

Merle

Tonight, -29..... tomorrow morning -37 without wind....... u don't know what cold is.....

Allan

My sister called and invited my out to Los Angeles for a visit. Felt sorry for me I guess because of the temperatures here on Minnesota.

Had to turn her down because of the experience that I had last January. Flew out for a visit and everyone accused me of bringing that cold weather with me. Broken water mains, snow down to 2000 feet, etc so I didn't want to cause that misery again.

I'm sure you folks in Sunny Socal appreciate my kindness.

Dennis

Hi all, it's frosty again this morning, -21 in the Winnipeg area, -13 in the Twin Cities, -5 in the Milwaukee area, 16 and fair in Joplin Missouri, and 26 in middle Georgia, high of 46 and sunny for today Tim, 51 and sunny tomorrow, now get out there it is a building day.............Fred

Its a bit after 8...am up..its 21 degrees out there..blanket of frost..what bit of standing water from yestersday all day soaker is ice...my bud has not called in but expect him to any minute..probably start around 9 this morning...sun is up...very bright out..just gonna be a nippy day. Sipping coffee, breakfast in a bit...doing my preflight checkout..

We have sun and +17 headed for about 20. Gonna do some puttering on teh Studie box. Soem sanding may some small bondo bits. Garage temp is 45.

Got a slight problem with the pilot side landing gear this morning. might need some warming of the joint oil before taxiings out.