Limo project- off to a rough start

OnlyMopar
Go to solution Solved by desoto1939,

Ordered and received new glass for front and rear doors and vent wings on Friday evening.  Glass for both rear doors  was broke, all others ok.  The company sent new replacements today.  Is great to have a company stand behind their promises and warranty. Slowly replenishing the auto body work tools I need, just hope I can retrieve the skills I once had but haven't used in ecades,lol. Let the work begin.

• Solution

who was the glass company that stood by great work ethic and sent you the replacement glass?

This is the type of company that us car owners would like to do business with because of the way they handled your issue.

Hopeyou put in a good word for this compnay.

Rich hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

• Like 1

Local glass companies have laminated flat glass and they will cut it for you.  You just need to give them the old one for a pattern or make a card board templet.  It's the same glass that's used in school bus windows.

• Like 1

any competent glass cutter will have access to the NAG patterns.  I personally did not want the original style glass in my car and went with tempered (except windshield naturally as that is still the spec) contact my glass dealer, give them year, make and model,  they cut and send out for firing, extra few days and a dollar or two more, but to me, well worth it.  Never have to do more than a phone call or hit their booth at a swap meet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a few steps forward, got all the chrome trim removed, old windows out, and today got the trunk lid, many thanks to joe. Also have removed all the old upholstery and carpets. Replenishing my tool box so the real work can begin. 

• Like 2

Cleaning and clearing the interior , front, rear, and limo fold down seats, carpeting and upholstery trim removed. Finally got a real look at the extent of replacement/repair needed. No real surprises. Lol, the front seat weighs as much as a house sofa, and the fold down limo seats aren't much lighter.

IMG_20240325_184533.jpg

On 3/22/2024 at 2:31 PM, OnlyMopar said:

Replenishing my tool box so the real work can begin. 

Buying new tools - one of my favorite things to do.  They don't have to be new - just new to me.

3 hours ago, Kilgore47 said:

Buying new tools - one of my favorite things to do.  They don't have to be new - just new to me.

I hear you.. body working tools are somewhat reasonably priced, it's when you buy the blades,discs,bits and such that you have secure a 2nd house mtg to get them.

Want to replace the body mounts( rubber cushions) on 47 d24, 7 passenger Sedan. Anyone know the part number, or some sources for them, thanks

On 4/3/2024 at 6:02 PM, Bingster said:

Is Metro Rubber still in business?

As far as I know but I haven't been up that way since last summer