Drivers door window off track

Malu

I want to secure my drivers door window before winter gets into Manitoba, Canada. It is off the track also the winder mechanism is pretty bent. I can't remove the winder it's the spring loaded type and it won't budge. Is there a special way to remove it without damaging it??? 

You will have to push in on the stainless ring .you will see a pin that has to be pushed out to release the handle .

Use a finishing nail or something of similar diameter to start it out them grab it with pliers

Its hard to believe the handle is bent  ,but you should have no trouble replacing it I have seen them for sale on line

I hope that helps 

21 minutes ago, Cannuck said:

You will have to push in on the stainless ring .you will see a pin that has to be pushed out to release the handle .

Use a finishing nail or something of similar diameter to start it out them grab it with pliers

Its hard to believe the handle is bent  ,but you should have no trouble replacing it I have seen them for sale on line

I hope that helps 

Thank you Cannuck, I will try your method. It's not the handle that's bent, it's the window mechanism arm inside the door that's bent.

With the glass out of the track you may have enough room to be able to wiggle the regulator down enough to pull the clips holding the glass on.  You'll need the regulator out to repair or replace it.  That spring gets rusted so it doesn't slide over the other coils as well as the several pivot points.  You'll have to pull the handle off to get the regulator out.

3 minutes ago, Dave72dt said:

With the glass out of the track you may have enough room to be able to wiggle the regulator down enough to pull the clips holding the glass on.  You'll need the regulator out to repair or replace it.  That spring gets rusted so it doesn't slide over the other coils as well as the several pivot points.  You'll have to pull the handle off to get the regulator out.

Thanks Dave, I'll need to remove the wind up handle first as the glass won't wind up as it's out of the track.

4 hours ago, Cannuck said:

I hope that helps 

Thank you Cannuck, it worked and I was able to remove the window winder.

2 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Donor?   ☹️

I know it's a field find, reason for interest is, it has a Chrysler Windsor straight 6 flathead. I did notice a broken valve as someone tried to pull it without releasing the spring & removing the collars.

The truck looks pretty solid from the photos you shared. I do not think it is actually a rare truck, but not very many of them left to build.

It has the full length running boards so it is a 1 ton with a pickup bed, not a flat bed. @ggdad1951 has a restored one, very nice trucks.

I'm only guessing, if there was a pilothouse car show with 30 pilothouse trucks entered .... only 1 or 2 would be 1 ton pickups. If any.

Your area is known for rust, maybe it is too far gone .... just looks good in photos.   The wheels, running boards, stainless grill & other parts will bring good $$ if you end up selling off parts on it that you do not want. .... Too bad about the engine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

The truck looks pretty solid from the photos you shared. I do not think it is actually a rare truck, but not very many of them left to build.

It has the full length running boards so it is a 1 ton with a pickup bed, not a flat bed. @ggdad1951 has a restored one, very nice trucks.

I'm only guessing, if there was a pilothouse car show with 30 pilothouse trucks entered .... only 1 or 2 would be 1 ton pickups. If any.

Your area is known for rust, maybe it is too far gone .... just looks good in photos.   The wheels, running boards, stainless grill & other parts will bring good $$ if you end up selling off parts on it that you do not want. .... Too bad about the engine.

Yeah! it is a shame about the engine, but I may still get some decent parts off the truck.

4 hours ago, Los_Control said:

So, I learned something here.  (I thought there were no 1 or 1 1/2 ton trucks with the pickup style bed.....  I guess they must have been all hay or wheat trucks where I grew up.  OR, I wasn't paying proper attention..)

I was only pointing out that they are a thing. Grandpa had a 1953 International 1 ton pickup .... I have never seen another like it, I'm sure they are out there. I just never seen one in person. I'm sure Ford & Chebby also had their version of the 1 ton. Just something you do not see very often.

They are a cool truck

20230725_140616.jpg

8 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

I was only pointing out that they are a thing. Grandpa had a 1953 International 1 ton pickup .... I have never seen another like it, I'm sure they are out there. I just never seen one in person. I'm sure Ford & Chebby also had their version of the 1 ton. Just something you do not see very often.

They are a cool truck

20230725_140616.jpg

I have a neighbor that has a yard full of 1/2, 3/4 & 1 tons Internationals, he has taken a Chevy drivetrain and put a International body onto the Chevy drivetrain, using all the modern auto transmission, the 4wd & all the electrics. He has old Chevy's, GMC's and lots of old cars and in-closed panel vans, but no Dodges. I've already spoken to him. 

13 hours ago, Eneto-55 said:

So, I learned something here.  (I thought there were no 1 or 1 1/2 ton trucks with the pickup style bed.....  I guess they must have been all hay or wheat trucks where I grew up.  OR, I wasn't paying proper attention..)

The 1 tons are the biggest (that I know of) that have the "regular" type of truck box (like my 9').  I believe the 1.5 tons then went to flatbeds and grain box styles, at least I've never seen a "stock" 1.5 ton with a "regular" bed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

The 1 tons are the biggest (that I know of) that have the "regular" type of truck box (like my 9').  I believe the 1.5 tons then went to flatbeds and grain box styles, at least I've never seen a "stock" 1.5 ton with a "regular" bed.

Good morning ggdad, how you doing this beautiful morning, at least it's beautiful here in Manitoba Canada. I'm not sure this is a 1.1/2 ton truck, if it is, it's very rare. I'm going to do some research on it as I've never come across a 1.1/2 ton truck with a box instead of a flatbed.

33 minutes ago, Malu said:

Good morning ggdad, how you doing this beautiful morning, at least it's beautiful here in Manitoba Canada. I'm not sure this is a 1.1/2 ton truck, if it is, it's very rare. I'm going to do some research on it as I've never come across a 1.1/2 ton truck with a box instead of a flatbed.

Good morning from chilly Minnesota.  I doubt it is a 1.5 ton, the door tag should say what it is (if it is still there).

32 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Good morning from chilly Minnesota.  I doubt it is a 1.5 ton, the door tag should say what it is (if it is still there).

Hi ggdad, model: DF2-26, Axle weight 7,500, Power: 3600. It's a 1 ton with a back box. What is the deference between a DG2-26. 

Edited by Malu

If it follows the US style "naming" system the "G" is the next size up truck form the "F".  If the "F" is a 1 ton,  I'd say the G is a 1.5 ton.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at my 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:49 AM, Malu said:

Hi ggdad, model: DF2-26, Axle weight 7,500, Power: 3600. It's a 1 ton with a back box. What is the deference between a DG2-26. 

Looking at my 40-47 dodge Fargo book it looks like the numbers are a different system. The 1940 is a DB 41s a DC and then 42-47 is a DD. So I believe a DG would be the next model run after a DF. These 41-47s don't have a -26 model but there is a -20 which is a one ton with a 120" wheelbase and then a -33 with 133" wheelbase.