Rock Of Gibralter

LAKOTA169

Had a minor "procedure" done this morning. I had a 14mm kidney stone removed. They used the sound wave thing to do it. They did 2400 shots to break it up. Back home by 2pm feeling great. Even stopped for a pizza on the way home. I was hungry and thirsty (no food or liquids before surgery). Still feeling good, with no pain so far.

• Like 3

As the wise men say, this too shall pass.  Much easier to zap the stone into a million pieces than to pass it whole.  (Ouch!)  Think giving birth. 

14 millimeters - more than a half inch.  Much larger than the occasional boulder I find in my shoes.  

Glad the procedure went well.  

Edited by DonaldSmith

They put a stent in when they first found the stone. It's still in for a little while to help the "flow". I have to filter it and save any of the stone that might come out so the doctor can check it. Thinking about going out in the garden and getting some gravel to drop in there. So far, I haven't felt anything.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between anchovies  :( and ditch minnows - I'd get the ditch minnows!  Sure they do Not taste like a pile of pure fishy salt!

But that is my choice.

DJ

Thanks to my Dad we acquired the Anchovy taste at about 8. Sunday morning at the kitchen table was time to stuff Green Olives with Anchovies, the gourmet treat in a good Martini. They served a lot. A little chunk will give you the flavor. DON'T pick up a salty filet for a taste. Just put a can on the shopping list. + Queen Olives. + Vodka/Gin.

Yeah, passing stones hurts, but your wives will be more than willing to tell you it still doesn't hurt as much as childbirth...

Glad to hear it went well, and that you're doing well, too.