Dolly Dodge and the Inyo Sesquicentennial Celebration

Attached are photos from Dolly Dodge's participation in the Inyo County Sesquicentennial Celebration in Independence CA.   Dolly belonged to my grandfather A. A. Brierly, who worked for Inyo County from 1905-1970, 65 years.  I was a featured speaker at the celebration.  Dolly hadn't been home to Independence in nearly 40 years.  The picture of her parked by some trees with a house in the background was by my grandfather's house where Dolly spent her youth.  The others are in front of the Inyo Court House, and on the road home to Bishop. 

post-2240-0-66722400-1458742019_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-65072800-1458742022_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-14600500-1458742025_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-16423900-1458742027_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-87941400-1458742031_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-51172900-1458742033_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I've got to drive that highway. Does that road lead to June Lake?  (that is a body of water, lol). What a great history lesson. Had you painted the truck, it's history would have been lost forever. 

• Like 1

Reg:  That is a most gracious offer and Dolly is excited about having a set of hub caps.  Send them to

Rob Pearce

5028 Highway 6

Bishop, CA 93514

I can't tell express well how much that donation means to me.  It always bugs me looking at the wheels with no hubcaps.  They were on my list of things I needed to get. Thanks again.

• Like 4

Rob, drive to our house on Friday and we can caravan to Lodi that evening. Then you can drive back to Reedley Saturday afternoon and you and yours, can stay night Sat night and return home on Sunday. That will save Reg some freight money and we can help you put those caps on!!! Two old trucks one with original patina and the other with a fire baked patina driving up 99 would be a lot of fun. Maybe someone from southern and central california can join us. Mark Hammond is in Fresno . . .

• Like 1

YES! Reg IS the man!  When I first found this forum, Reg sent be a radio for my truck. He said it did not work but might just look better  in the dash than a delete plate, and it did! Lost it in the fire! Someone sent be six nice NEW spark plug about the same time and I think it was Reg, not certain about that.  I was very impressed.  An amazing membership on this forum.

• Like 1

Reg, I've never met or spoken to you, but your actions speak louder than words.  You're one of the reasons this site is such an asset to us Dodgers!  Mike

• Like 2

Get an attitude? Attitude is inherent in patina! Paint covers the primal essences of old vehicles! 

We got to get Dolly and Phoenix together at some truck show. What a pair they would make. Maybe in Las Vegas? If we did that, Counting Cars might want to buy us out!!! 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1