Hi All - New to the forum from England

Dave Armstrong

Hi All,

Just a quick post to introduce myself to the forum.

I have just aquired a 1947 Chrysler Desoto 3 window coupe for restoration here in the UK.

post-8558-0-38836500-1444056835_thumb.jpg

Here is "Wilma" as affectionatly named by my wife.....and I'm sure you can all guess why lol.

I will hopefully share with you both the highs and lows of the restoration, together with extracting information for what I can't work out.

All the best and speek soon

Dave

• Like 1

Dave, welcome from Oz............I won't mention the rugby if you don't mention the cricket............lol............looks like a nice car..........anyway when you go chasing parts with the Yanks don't mention its a "Chrysler Desoto" as its either one or the other and appears to be a Desoto.......lol..........although its worth following up what parts from a Chrysler will interchange as that could expand the search area...........I only mention this as we have a similar problem re the names used here in Oz and many yrs ago I realised that when chasing bits in the US its wise to make sure that you use the US terminology.........lol...........so forget wings, bonnets & boots..........lol.......anyway welcome to the best Mopar forum around .these guys know their stuff..........regards, Andy Douglas      

• Like 2

Picked up Wilma today, and now it the workshop. Attached is a picture of the chassis plate. Has some cool worn out college stickers on the bumper as college parking permits by looks of things. Can't remember what they said, but will post up later

Ta Dave

post-8558-0-67702500-1444948569_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-42380300-1444948649_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-65895500-1444949017_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Armstrong
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Mate, you have your work cut out for you.........interesting to see the trans setup from this angle............andyd

Lol Jc, I take it that "floor" is a loose description.

Done a bit more today. Cleaned up around the drivers side inner arch. Design spot welded the front closing panel and removed the previous repair, which was a small filing cabinet draw.

Whilst cleaning found the stamping LS11 2 at the rear. Could someone else tell me what it means?

Tag Dave

post-8558-0-28425300-1449525353_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-38624100-1449525374_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-97475500-1449525388_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-02900200-1449525405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Armstrong