Breakfast as an excuse to drive your vehicle

For you southern cal folks ...
 The long beach high performance swap meet is this Sunday. Couple of months ago we all met after a vigorous shopping experience that morning.

I did promise Rod to bring my truck next time. Think I'll make it without anything falling off this time. I can show you my working parking brake!!

I've also read that Jeff's truck may be legal now. Might need a shake-down run?

I need to deliver a Deathbound's tool to Hank in any event. The passing of the brake adjustment tool would be a much better ceremony in the company of several people don't you think? Hank, if you can't make it PM me and we can arrange for a meet Sunday afternoon?

If anyone remembers the name of that restaurant that would be helpful. I couldn't find that old thread to reference.

Mike

Try Texas Lucy's on Beach Ave coming to the ocean from Disney Land, great ribs!!

I visited Texas Loosey's (Lucy's) in Torrance CA with Hank and Blanca for a meal last year and must say that it was a most memorable experience!

I see that Google even has images of the waitresses 'uniforms'! The food was great too !!!

post-3915-0-92710100-1438172951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desotodav

Sorry Mike wrong time of the year. I already have an appointment in Dana Point.  :D 

Let's see......a hot muggy swap meet and you guys.....or a sleek 30 foot lady and a day's fishing out on the big blue?

I guess I really am not much of a motorhead after all. .

Jeff

• Like 1

Heck Ya ! Count me in. not sure about the swap meet , Breakfast and checking out cars and trucks I'm in..Don't have to be a Car Guy or Gear Head to LUV old iron  ( but it helps ). Name and Address of the Greasy Spoon was : GLORY DAYS  Sports Grill,  4132 Woodruff, Lakewood 90713 .   Just let me know what time.

Yep I definitely have saltwater in my blood. ;) Supposedly there are some 40# -60# Bluefin Tuna popping up right now...along with some Dorado.

That is all I want....Y'all can have the yellowtail..That and a cool day offshore. My shop neighbor and good buddy of many years has a sweet 30' Carver flybridge sport fisher. Just perfect......very comfortable with a nice stereo system.

Jeff

you sound as if you are going sport fishing...not to fill the freezer...

Don't get me wrong 'cause I do enjoy fresh fish.........but it is never about filling the freezer with me.

I just enjoy the environment......and the hunt if you will...... and especially :D fooling a few with artificial lures. Beyond that it is the best "recharge" I know of. If we are lucky we will have some for the grill......and if we are real lucky I will have enough to dry smoke some up Baja style.

Jeff

Jeff,

Enjoy the day on the open seas. Looks like a great weekend again in So Cal. Have Fun and enjoy your time with your friend. We are getting to an age that we start loosing them way too fast. Can't get that time back.

Wow, I'd liked to join you guys Mike, but per Davin's advice, I'll be at "Texas Loosey's" at Torrance CA.....  :D

Might even have something to eat! :P

48D

Sorry Mike wrong time of the year. I already have an appointment in Dana Point.  :D

Let's see......a hot muggy swap meet and you guys.....or a sleek 30 foot lady and a day's fishing out on the big blue?

I guess I really am not much of a motorhead after all. .

Jeff

Heard there's a lot of them out there the last couple of weeks. If you have to many, I'm sure we could all drive to your place and empty your fridge for you!

I visited Texas Loosey's (Lucy's) in Torrance CA with Hank and Blanca for a meal last year and must say that it was a most memorable experience!

I see that Google even has images of the waitresses 'uniforms'! The food was great too !!!

Ribs for breakfast might be a little to rich for the old ticker. Not to mention the staff.

Heck Ya ! Count me in. not sure about the swap meet , Breakfast and checking out cars and trucks I'm in..Don't have to be a Car Guy or Gear Head to LUV old iron  ( but it helps ). Name and Address of the Greasy Spoon was : GLORY DAYS  Sports Grill,  4132 Woodruff, Lakewood 90713 .   Just let me know what time.

Excellent - anyone have a time that works? 9AM?

+1 for me 

jeff i hope you run into a thick school of Yellowtail 

Trampsteer who's got that Brake Tool...?

Rod see you there

Hank

I have the brake tool. Hopefully I will remember to bring it also.

Wow, I'd liked to join you guys Mike, but per Davin's advice, I'll be at "Texas Loosey's" at Torrance CA.....  :D

Might even have something to eat! :P

48D

Hey! Don't you have a girlfriend now? LOL

Sounds good Mike, if I'm not working, I'll do my best to meet up with yous guys. Just let us know where when you figure it out.

Hey Mike,

I figure to get to Glory Days Sports Grill around 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM. I talked to Hank and he might make the trip in his truck. If you are going to the swap meet or find yourself  in the area THIS Sunday, I'd sure enjoy seeing your truck. If stuff happens, I've made it as far as Huntington Beach in my Beater, So Costa Mesa is just a few miles down the 405. Just heard Gas is cheap again LOL See you there.

Rod,

The breakfast topic site I mentioned is here. Watch all episodes from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport

Hank,

You need to take off your cloak of invisibility. PM me and I'll drive the part up to your place. We can talk 16 vs15 tires as I am pretty settled on switching to 15 all the way around - so I'll have two 16's I won't need.

Jeff,

Where's the fish?

;)

All,

Nothing worth mentioning at the swap meet but this ...

PowerWagon.60

bummer...one of my most memorable fishing trips was a Friday evening through Sunday afternoon in the Gulf of Mexico, we motored some 40+ miles out from Grand Isle Louisiana...the lifestyle and nightlife of the locals is one that has to be seen in person...matter of fact boating the bayous of the Baton Rouge area was a trip all to itself also.  Probably the most fun I have ever had while on fresh waters..that would be an adventure I would enjoy repeating.

• Like 1

Mike,

LOL  thanks for the link. Nice seeing you & your truck in person.Too bad all you found at the swap meet was a picture of an old truck, maybe next one you'll find a Gem & maybe next time more will join us.   Rod