Sold in Appliance Stores

BigDaddyO

Hey Big Daddy,

Cool pic from the Deer Park Winery & Auto Museum!  We, my club, made a run up there last year.  Awesome place!  Tons of vintage cars, auto paraphernalia, and cool displays.

Here are a few more pic for those who have never been there:

http://motorheadmisfits.com/Events/2013%20Deer%20Park/2013deerpark.html

• Like 1

When I get my truck back on the road, that would be a nice four day trip, one day to Napa, one day at Napa, one day to the April BBQ at Tim's aka 48dodger, fourth day at the BBQ. How about a caravan from Napa? Plenty of time to plan and time to write in the BBQ date.

When I get my truck back on the road, that would be a nice four day trip, one day to Napa, one day at Napa, one day to the April BBQ at Tim's aka 48dodger, fourth day at the BBQ. How about a caravan from Napa? Plenty of time to plan and time to write in the BBQ date.

I missed something on this thread as I did not notice a previous reference to Napa. The Deer Park Winery & Auto Museum mentioned by Mattimuss might have triggered this but it appears to be near San Diego.

are cars so bad a condition and parts places so far and few between that you have to gather in groups and caravan to the Napa..is this just a Cali thing?  sure hope so...

Old, bad joke from California wine country:

Q: What is the difference between Napa and Sonoma?

A; You go to Sonoma for wine and NAPA for car parts.

Now please excuse me while I get on the phone to line up a bunch of old cars to caravan to Pep Boys. . .

• Like 2

since when has a demographic observation been a whine...can't say as I have ever had to caravan for a car part...lol  if I am going to whine it will be about this unbearable muggy temps..go out of door just to move a couple things and be dripping with sweat inside 10 minutes...and the rain is still looming on the horizon with lightening and thunder all this evening..scattered sprinkling along the way..I wanted to do some sandblasting but was not able at this time...that alone will qualify as a whine...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

I did sandblasting today because I had started cleaning the metal earlier and it did rain and flash rust was starting to set in. As Plymouthy said, the hudimdity and the heat (weather app said it felt like 100 F), made blasting downright miserable. I was at it for about 4 hrs, I gallon of iced tea and a shower later and I am still fairly miserable. But it was more fun than the thought of going back to my real job on Monday.

• Like 1

glad you got some blasting completed..tomorrow is another day..

I am not sure what is going on in the market world...I have looked all over my general area an so far come up empty handed trying to find some Woolite Farbic Cleaner....plenty of the Resolve stuff on the market...but just not used to that product...you know, you like to stick with what you know works..looked at Amazon...WOW..is this a sgin the product is no longer made...19.00 a can first lister...I may have to resolve to using Resolve..

Ok back to our regular scheduled programming

Niel..in the past this has been true for this area..but have struck out everywhere I have looked so far...only thing I think will be if I get lucky and find a place that may have some old stock still about their store./shelves.....only thing I  can find is the Resolve brand.  Test spot shows it is very good stain lifter..but overall..it really wets the fabric through and through..I may have to use this product but I have not given up on the Woolite at this time...as for the K-mart link online...I followed that much earlier in my quest and it led to a ton of stuff but not Woolite...our last K-Mart in the area is closing its door real soon I have been told.

so far have hit them all, Wal-Mart even had none and that is where I got my last supply, even the grocery stores cleaning sections at Kroger, Public has come up nil...my search is not over but sources are quickly drying up...I may end up going with the Amazon suppliers but I hate Amazon service worse than e-bay...personally I have not had much luck with 3 out of 4 Amazon orders messed up by them ...not a route I would like to take based on prior experience...has anyone here used an alternative cleaner that is available that also is safe and effective to use on interior panels including headliner?

I did not find any Woolite again today in my search..as I did an online search at Lowes I was there today in person...while not Woolite brand as I was looking..I completely forgot about Scotchgard Brand products..another very proven product Ihave used  in the past...I purchased this product..their online search would not return anything under fabric cleaner...

are cars so bad a condition and parts places so far and few between that you have to gather in groups and caravan to the Napa..is this just a Cali thing?  sure hope so...

Ok.....Napa is a city in Califoria in Napa County, and is known for the wineries along the Siverado Trail in Napa Valley

Sonoma County is right next to Napa County and has its large number of Wineries as well. A lot of people just see it as one entity.   

The region is only an hour and half from my place where I have the BBQ in Clements.

it really is a great place to meet up as a group.

48D