front end squeek

greg g

I have about 600 miles on a fresh grease job, I haved spreyed silicon on shock bushings anti sway bar rubbers.even sprayed some white lithium into the bottom spring pockets. Still have a consistant squeek with any suspension movement. Getting in the car or putting into or out of the trunk is enough to set it off. Ant other ideas or what you did with a similar noise?

Do you have rusty springs inthe rear, can you see the rust on the leafs.,  You could go to a spring shop have them take the springs down and then have them put the anti squeek between eah spring leaf.

Try spaying the leaf with penetrating oil this might help.

Rich HArtung

Had the same problem with my P15 suspension. I lubed the upper and lower A arm with a grease gun on the zerk fittings with only partial success. I noticed some zerk fittings just did not want to accept much grease. A few days later I selectively sprayed the heck out of certain joints with WD40 to narrow down my search. I ended up disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling the passenger side front suspension. No new parts were used. The noise was caused by bushings that were dry steel on steel contact and the lub could not reach the moving parts. That fixed my front. So maybe your lub also did not get to where it needed to reach.

(My rear spring bushings still squeak. They are probably the originals and I need to replace them with new parts.)

Greg;

Have you tried using PB Blaster Corrosion Stop? I really like the way this stuff works. Can't say enough good about it when used for this purpose.  I used it extensively on my trucks springs etc. and got very good results. Try spraying it all down with this and take it out and really work the suspension. My truck had been sitting for many years so it took about 3 applications to get it worked well into the springs.....but what a difference now.  :)  I keep hearing guys complaining about harsh rides in their trucks but I think a lot of this is down to the old spring packs not moving like they should. This stuff got my springs freed up and they are quiet as well. Perfect stuff for the job.

Jeff

Ant other ideas or what you did with a similar noise?

Sell me your car cheap, because of the squeak, and I will put up with the noise. :P

As mentioned earlier, are all your zerks working well? Put a bit of heat to them to make the grease flow easily or replace and try again.

If you can both hear and "feel" the noise through the front end by testing it with up and down motion.... probably a dry pivot shaft thread because of lack of lubrication.

It's probably going to require disassembly and replacement of the shaft or pin and it's mate.

post-302-0-42976300-1401462357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Sometimes you can get a joint to take grease if you use the pressure gun while the suspension is at different angles. Try greasing with the weight off the front end and again while its sitting. Also turning right and left will allow grease to the kingpin fittings. 

• Like 1

Sometimes you can get a joint to take grease if you use the pressure gun while the suspension is at different angles. Try greasing with the weight off the front end and again while its sitting. Also turning right and left will allow grease to the kingpin fittings. 

This is very true. I have a couple of zerks that do not want to take grease with the car on the ground but once the front end is raised, they take grease easily.