1953 Spring Special Progress

Boss Hog

You have big balls posting a video after the way this group ripped on the last guy who worked so hard to make a video of his truck. I appreciate the amount of work you are taking to share this with others. I am on my fourth pilot house restoration and I keep saying this time I will take more pictures. I am getting better but I am impressed with guys like you who take the time to do it right.

Keep the pictures & videos coming. Looks great.

Todd B

I like before and afters. Give me a good indication of what you started with and howe much effort was put into it. I think you're doing a great job on it and am looking forward to the sequel.

Great work BH. that Spring Special is certainly a treasure.

I did a similar thing by documenting the rebuild of my 52 truck. I'd like to think that someone else might benefit by my 'learning curve'. It's been listed before, but here's the link for those who haven't seen it... http://gallery.oldholden.com/Streetneat/album73/Davins+Desoto/ . I'll update it when I have a few more cosmetic things finished.

I'd love to see your truck rebuild documented Mark - given the time, effort and high quality workmanship that you are putting into the project.

Desotodav

You have big balls posting a video after the way this group ripped on the last guy who worked so hard to make a video of his truck.

You're gonna have to remind me...which guy?

48D

You're gonna have to remind me...which guy?

48D

I can't seem to find the thread. I was talking about someone who video taped a grey truck and several people made comments of everything he said and did wrong. It was a grey truck, I believe he was from NJ.

Todd B

there were also several neutral and good comments as well.

here's the thread:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=31075&highlight=video

Edited by ggdad1951

Great work BH. that Spring Special is certainly a treasure.

I did a similar thing by documenting the rebuild of my 52 truck. I'd like to think that someone else might benefit by my 'learning curve'. It's been listed before, but here's the link for those who haven't seen it... http://gallery.oldholden.com/Streetneat/album73/Davins+Desoto/ . I'll update it when I have a few more cosmetic things finished.

I'd love to see your truck rebuild documented Mark - given the time, effort and high quality workmanship that you are putting into the project.

Desotodav

Thanks Desotodav, your link of the restoration was great. I am not doing a complete frame off resto. The truck was not in very bad shape, alot of cosmetic and mechanical work. I will keep the drive train for now..possibly change out the rear end to get a little better highway speed. The engine and transmission were replaced in the mid 70's. The engine was a rebuilt P28 from around 1956, the transmission came out of a junk yard..I believe it is a 1948 4speed non syncro..fun trying to shift it...milage last recorded by my Father in 1976 was 42230 it currently has 42970. It was parked in Arkansas for the last 35 years. I was very happy to get it back after all those years.

Edited by Boss Hog

I can't seem to find the thread. I was talking about someone who video taped a grey truck and several people made comments of everything he said and did wrong. It was a grey truck' date=' I believe he was from NJ.

Todd B[/quote']

Oh...that guy. Different kind of video and stituation.....his was more of a general tutorial/documentionary on a "complete" truck he bought off ebay....which of course led to a critique of the video's content. I think the fact he called it a "Lighthouse Truck" with such authority is what set some people off. Boss Hog, on the other hand, has a long history with his truck....going back to when he was 10. His video is not full of general information, but more of a glimpse into his restorational journey.

48D