ok im confused...

Jeff_DuBois

ok I have this truck (see pic below).

I might have a pieced together truck (cab anyway). I punched in the numbers in the serial number decipher and it says 1941 3/4 ton?? I believe its a 1 ton dually??? Can anyone help me, please.

(Door tag)

B1B-108

821-0693

4850 lbs

82hp at 3200rp

(Tag on cowl drivers side)

1912-9412

Engine

TI76-II562 (on drivers side)

(on top)

7-26

HN

1120804-6

DPCD

DT

Carb

strossburg

BXVD-3

US235.jpg

US232.jpg

US234.jpg

49dodge-1.jpg

49rearfender.jpg

49Dodge.jpg

Have ya checked the # on the frame rail? It's ahead of the front driver side shock absorber, that's probably the # ya should go with. The engine is a '50 230cid used in 1-tons, the door tag says '49 1/2 ton with 108" wheelbase from Detroit, the front wheels are off of a 1 ton sgl wheel (not dually), the rear fenders aren't factory originals...yep, ya got yerself a nice ol' mutt :cool:

In the last picture the the paint on the cab looks slightly different than the fenders, hood and bed so most likely a cab replacement. I think we mentioned before that carb is off a fluid drive truck. Most but not all one ton pickups have the nine foot bed. Could it be a half ton on one ton axles? Does the frame look heavy enough to be a one ton. Like said in another reply the best way to start to figure it out is the numbers on the frame.

In the last picture the the paint on the cab looks slightly different than the fenders, hood and bed so most likely a cab replacement. I think we mentioned before that carb is off a fluid drive truck. Most but not all one ton pickups have the nine foot bed. Could it be a half ton on one ton axles? Does the frame look heavy enough to be a one ton. Like said in another reply the best way to start to figure it out is the numbers on the frame.

Early one tons used a Stromberg carb, on later production trucks I think they went to the Ball and Ball Carters.

That is a nice looking truck. Does it have helper springs in the back? Looks like someone may have put a Power Wagon bed on a B series. In any event, I like it. Mike

I would agree that you have a cab, or at least a data plate, from a 1/2 ton truck on your 1 ton truck. If you can find the serial number that's stamped into the left frame rail, just behind the front spring mount, that'll give you more info. Also, what is the wheel base of your truck? It almost looks like a 3/4 ton bed rather than a 1 ton bed. Weren't 1 tons available in 116" and 126" wheel base?

Merle

I will try and see if I can find the number on the frame, measure the bed, look underneth. I have a boot on my left leg from ankle surgery so bear with me, its slow goin. thanks.

The truck had a frame off restro in 97, but the owner never clearcoated the red paint, UGG!

006.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

005-1.jpg

003.jpg

002-1.jpg

Edited by Jeff_DuBois

Definately later the 41. looks like somebody has been playing data plate bingo, trying to make the vehicle match the paper work. Probably several federal regulation ignored and or bypassed. You don;t say where you are from, in NY with a vehicle that old it's pretty easy to register a vehicle, all you gotta do is swear you own it and no body eles has any claim to it, but other states with title laws and inspections it may be a bit tricky, Have you had this vehicle titled and or plated in your name.

Looks like there could be a couple extra pieces of steel on your frame, just ahead of the rear axle on the upper horizontal surface of the frame, one on each side. Could it be a shortened frame? On the carburetor I think the BXV-3 was used with the standard transmission and BXVD-3 on fluid drives. D designates dashpot used with fluid drive. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the carbs, it will help me know what I'm looking at when scrounging swap meets or other places.

ok I have this truck (see pic below).

I might have a pieced together truck (cab anyway). I punched in the numbers in the serial number decipher and it says 1941 3/4 ton?? I believe its a 1 ton dually??? Can anyone help me, please.

(Door tag)

B1B-108

821-0693

4850 lbs

82hp at 3200rp

I looked closley at the door tag and I believe it reads 82110693 which is the serial number of a 1/2 ton truck built in 1949 with a 108 inch wheel base.

The serial number on the frame (above the front axle) would give you a clue to the serial number of the truck that the frame sat under.

You are correct, it is something pieced together.

ok, it's a 116" wheelbase, 7'7" bed. The frame doesnt look spliced together.

Here are some picts I took underneith.

I find no number on the frame( driverside) maybe it got sandblasted and painted over?.

Anyone know of a place that does steering wheel repair, or have one for sale?.

016.jpg

015.jpg

014-1.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

009-1.jpg

49dodgerear.jpg

Edited by Jeff_DuBois

couple folks have had good results using JB weld after "V" ing out the cracks a bit, with a dremel or similar, then packing them full of jb in a couple applications, once the JB is set up good some sanding and bondo to finish, then paint. My wheel in my Studebaker is i similar condition and that is what I plan on doing once I can get it off.

What is up with the rags around the leaf springs?????????????

Crazy Old man stuff-soak rags in oil after putting them on the springs-supposed to stop rusty sqeaky springs.

Over loads are add on.

1 ton frames are 3/16" thick on the side rails

Some B2D 1 ton 126" bed/frame pics

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Gotta love that crazy old man stuff! What Greg said about registering a vehicle in NY is right-don't ask me how I know. I'll bet its either be recabbed, or someone switched tags perhaps to register it as a half ton to save $$ on the registration. I can't even imagine who would even think of doing anything like that but if one were to think of something like that they must also have been considering something like: "Who in the DMV or what cop is gonna know the difference?" I've got a road ranger button on my 3 speed's shift lever. I got stopped once in a routine DWI check. The cop shined his light in and asked how I got a big truck transmission in such a small truck. I told him with a screwdriver (the hoseclamp is what hold the button on the shift lever. He laughed, and then waved me through. As long as the tag and the reg matches, you should be good to go. Sometimes if the reg is unreadable or the person behind the counter wants to exert their authority they will want to see a rubbing of the tag especially if it hasn't been registered in a long time. Mike

Edited by MBFowler
correct typos

At times I am that crazy "older" man-though will never consider myself old!

Here is a factory optioned 1 ton dually with the proper dually fender extension kit-very rare to find one too.