The Spring Special Starts!!

:)Hello All,

Yesterday afternoon, we started our 53 B4B Spring Special from Arkansas for the first time, thanks to Ron's Auto of Valley Springs. We are so happy, it has taken just over a month to get this far. Now to work on the charging system, and brakes. Pretty good for sitting since 1976. 40 lbs Oil Pressure..

I did not know these things ran on Dog Food and Hickory Nuts, they were blowing out the tail pipe after starting..:D

I would attach a digital movie clip of it if I knew how. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Jerry & Holly

post-7622-13585361197811_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great news. 40lbs of oil pressure is sure a good sign of engine health. How long did you let it run?

You can upload the video to a site like photobucket or youtube and then share the link.

:)Hello All,

I did not know these things ran on Dog Food and Hickory Nuts, they were blowing out the tail pipe after starting..:D

Jerry & Holly

Sounds like it was just running a little too rich ;)

when I started my dads old 55 chev after a lengthy slumber, my wifey was standing at the rear of the car when I got it started, it struggled to stay running and I was pumping the gas when all of a sudden the rpms ran wayyyyy up, dog food and all kinds of seeds came flying out the tailpipe and sprayed the wwife good. I shut it off and got out just in time to see a very disgruntled mouse come wandering out of the tailpipe. He didn't stick around.........:D

Shot a live mouse out of my motorcycle tailpipe after winter storage. Not sure which of us was more surprised...:D

I remember the first time I fired off mine after it sat from 74-94. Heck of a nice feeling. Can't wait to swap engines and drive her under her own power again.

Nice pic. Now I know for sure where the color breaks actually were. I didn't quite trust the book pics. My 49 is getting a reversed Spring Special paint job, cream, color, cream instead of color cream color. I always like to look at originals for reference. Looks like you got a good one to work with.

Hey Jerry,

Must have been awesome to feel it move under its on power!

Here's the name of the guy who does stainless steel repair:

David Turner, 4388 S. Willow, Fresno, CA 93715

559-237-0892

my tailpipe story:

I had diconnected the exhaust from my big block 440 engine to do some work on it. I stuffed rags into the pipes to keep stuff from falling in. When we put the spark plugs back in we had 7....well, once we had everything back together.....we shot that sucker arcoss the shop.....we looked at each other and both said "there it is!" lol

48D