The long road home...

bamfordsgarage

..Chris, I hope your mother gets well soon and you're able to resume your trip in the not too distant future.Nice that you have safe storage for your car.As far as your concern of Tim getting around to modifying the Dodge in your absence,I think you can rest assured it ain't gonna happen.Tim strikes me as being a very busy fellow and any modifications to your car would be far down his list and out of sight...Take care,Ralph

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Chris, I hope your mother gets well soon and you're able to resume your trip in the not too distant future.Nice that you have safe storage for your car.As far as your concern of Tim getting around to modifying the Dodge in your absence,I think you can rest assured it ain't gonna happen.Tim strikes me as being a very busy fellow and any modifications to your car would be far down his list and out of sight...Take care,Ralph

with all the work I am trying to do about the house you have described my cars as welll...!

blaspheny..you'll smoke a turd in hades for that...no VW or Pigout here..genuine last production run of the Omni with fuel injection...I am on the lookout for a 5 spped to get the pedal etc out of..I have a 525 here at the house..the 413 automatic is fantastic tranny..but in a 5 speed attire..they are awesome road commuters..

I had one of the first generation Horizons..though the blocks were purchased from VW to get the project into production quicker..that is where the simularities ended...the first thing Mopar did was line bored the bottom end and put a real crank shaft in the engine..they are nothing like a Rabbit and for those who have ever worked on a Rabbit..enough said...I helped a bud with a Rabbit once...swore I would never touch another..nothing was accessable..I view the engine bay as a rolling platform for demostrating a thermite gernade..

I had a '78 Horizon with the 1.7 back in '86 and it was a cool little car!

Tom

Hey all,I sent out an email with this lnk and the original "Hershey" link to Richard Lentinello Hemming Classic Car, and to David Freiberger of Hot Rod Deluxe Magazines. Richard is on a Caribbean holiday until Feb 23, and David did not respond to my email as of yet.

Chris, I hope your home safely , and near you Mom, as I write this.....

Edited by Rockwood

Hello all, the Dodge is parked at Tim Adams', Jerry is airborne home, and my dear old Mum has rallied considerably — and against the odds — from a couple days ago.

Still, at 90, she has health issues on a number of fronts and is nowhere near out of the woods. Think positive.

No idea for a while about when we will be back on the road. Thanks to all who expressed their concern and best wishes for Mum, and of course to Tim for making this hiatus as painless as possible.

"Chris, how are things going, how is your mom doing?"

Chester Brzostowski posted this question earlier today in another thread, and I thought I would answer it here where it is more on topic. Thanks for asking.

Mom is still with us and defying the odds on a daily basis. In the past eight days, this frail but obviously tough 90-year old has had a severe urinary tract infection (last Sat nite), a serious heart attack (Tues AM) and sudden-onset congestive heart failure (Wed nite).

Thursday afternoon they performed an angiogram followed by angioplasty that reduced the blockage in one major artery from 90% to 50%. This latter procedure is hoped to reduce or eliminate the occasional heart spasms that have been setting her back.

Today she graduated out of ICU onto a regular cardiac ward, and has had a lovely time since Friday doing crossword puzzles and visiting with great- and grandchildren.

I can only hope I'm half as resilient when my end of time looms. Thanks to all who have expressed their concern and best wishes for my Mom. And if I can be allowed to brag a wee bit about the Canadian health care system, as a senior Mom has paid no premiums since age 65 and the doubtlessly-ferocious cost of all her treatments this past week has cost nothing but visitor parking @$15/day.

post-2848-13585359537868_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585359538267_thumb.jpg

Good news on your Mom's health. She has a wonderful smile!

Best wishes to her and your family as well.

I'll second your kudo's to our much maligned health care system. My Mom enjoyed the very best of care by some very top notch, caring people from top to bottom. They treated her and us with care and respect the whole time.

• 4 weeks later...

So a month ago yesterday I was rushing home from Florida hoping to say goodbye to Mom before she checked out. Not a happy time.

Today I drove her home from the hospital with a couple shopping stops on the way — she's reasonably hale and hearty, and, thanks to a very successful angioplasty, her 90-year-old ticker is in much better shape than it's been for a long time. And of course she is ever so happy to be back in her apartment and reunited with her two dear pussycats.

Yahoo!

_ _ _ _ _

So we may be picking up the road trip again soon. This is still tentative, pending how well Mom does over the next few weeks, but we are thinking about flying into Atlanta on April 09 or 10 and heading south from Tim Adams' place soon after. We have to be in Edmonton April 06 and back for the 27th, so there is enough time in there for a decent road trip. Failing that, we would have two-three weeks available in May and again in July.

Will keep you all posted...