53 dodge truck windshield rubbers

Steele Rubber Products all the way!

I just did mine with a new seal from Steele. It fit perfectly - no complaints.

I went with this one because it was fully vulcanized. The seal sold from Roberts is described in their catalog as "splice together type" which did not sound fun.

post-3764-13585359245985_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585359246635_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585359247721_thumb.jpg

i bought one form bernbaum and tried it....i ended up throwing it out (because it didnt fit well and was the splice type) and buying one from steele which is a formed one piece set up....went in in 10mins without any problems.

Did you use the window welt under the frame on the inside? If so what did you use.

Could you give me some hints on how to install the front windows? I did my rear windows without too much problems (including the rear corners). When you install the front window do both pieces of glass need to be in the gasket, or can you put in one side most of the way and then put in the second glass and finish the installation (if that makes sense). Any help would be appreciated. The front glass is my next big installation.

I didn’t use any window welt when I put it in. And yes you need to have both pieces of glass in the seal to install them. You install them all at once...just make sure you use a heavy enough string so it won’t break to pull the seal lip out to fit in the body...I learned that the hard way and had to restart.

I just did mine with a new seal from Steele. It fit perfectly - no complaints.

I went with this one because it was fully vulcanized. The seal sold from Roberts is described in their catalog as "splice together type" which did not sound fun.

interesting. the windshield rubber i got from roberts about 3 years ago was a one-piece unit, and was not particularly difficult to install. maybe he changed suppliers.

Thanks for the info. I have some good cord I used for the rear windows. How many people did you have help? Seems like having both those pieces of glass in the gasket would make it a bit cumbersome to handle.

i installed my one-piece unit by myself. as noted, both pieces of glass need to be installed at once. i took my time so that i wouldn't break the glass, but i was able to get them in.