Chrysler Ghia Stationwagon

Frank Elder

I LOVE THAT GAUGE POD!!

I used to prefer most of Chrysler's concept cars compared to the other mfgs. But this one just leaves me flat EXCEPT for that gauge pod. I really like that!!!

Keep these kind of postings coming!!!!!!!! That is another one of the reasons I like this web site. Besides answering questions the members are always sharing items of interest.

Looks to me like someone took the top off of a 1958 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser and turned it around that placed it on another car.

Dennis:eek:

That was my first thought as well.......a Ford or Ford product roof line. Great minds think alike.............small ones seldom differ.:P

That car has been around to other auctions, the last one I heard that it didn't sell at was Pebble Beach this past summer.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how rare or what its history is. Ugly doesn't sell.

That one has been on e-bay several times over the last few years. I think the last time it pulled close to $100K and did not meet reserve.

Chrysler Australia used the 1953 body through 1956. They sold them as Plymouth, Dodge Kingsway and DeSoto Diplomat. Chassis were imported from Detroit and Windsor, but the bodies were built in Australia.

In 1957 they came out with the Chrysler Royal - the 1953 body with a 1955-56 Plymouth front clip, 1956 Plymouth rear quarter panels and a wraparound rear window. The second series added the Plainsman wagon and Wayfarer ute. The third series had an instrument panel with styling taken from the 1960 Plymouth. The last one was built in early 1963.

Bill

Toronto, ON