core suport mount?

I found a 18 wheeler mud flap in the road one day, it was chewed up but I was able to take a hacksaw to it & cut a rectangle about 3" x 6", I reckon that stuff was about 3/8" thk. Some 1/2" x 2" bolts oughta be long enough to cinch that all together.

Interesting... There was nothing in there on my truck when I took it apart (but someone else had already had it apart because it was all loose) so when I put it together again I didn't put anything in there. It makes sense, now, that there should be rubber under the "U" mount. Maybe I'll have to make that a winter project.

Merle

I found a 18 wheeler mud flap in the road one day, it was chewed up but I was able to take a hacksaw to it & cut a rectangle about 3" x 6", I reckon that stuff was about 3/8" thk. Some 1/2" x 2" bolts oughta be long enough to cinch that all together.

And here I thought I was the only one who used a discarded 18wheeler mud flap as cab rubber.

Edited by Young Ed

Interesting... There was nothing in there on my truck when I took it apart (but someone else had already had it apart because it was all loose) so when I put it together again I didn't put anything in there. It makes sense, now, that there should be rubber under the "U" mount. Maybe I'll have to make that a winter project.

Merle

or it disintegrated like things like that did on mine!

And here I thought I was the only one who used a discarded 18wheeler mud flad as cab rubber.

heh, that's MY plan for things!

on the cars, the radiator support sits on cupped hexagon washers that have a rubber insert inside..there are two of these babies..not just a single item that can brake and fall out..

one can use a minimum thickness rubber pad and add shims as needed to align the front metal so the rear of the fenders have proper gaps along the door leading edge..