How Many Pilot House Trucks Have Survived?

Just had a B1B show up in the town I work in a week ago. Owner came into the store acouple days ago so I gave him the forum address. Looks like a GM dark teal metalllic paint, grille panel was molded to the fenders, welting betweeen the rear fenders and box, whitewall tires, hand-fabbed running boards. Older rebuild, the box boards showed weathering, interior was nice, engine bay looked pretty correct for a quick glimpse, stainless pretty straight with a few small dings. Whomever built it, drove it. I'm thinking it came out of the eastern part of the state but that's just a guess.

• 4 weeks later...

SURVIVOR: 

this ol' beast is on some property with a fence that says "GO AWAY" in two languages, in between a creek that's chock-full of rattlers and a hill that's got a few mountain lions:

post-6555-13585371131593_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information

• 3 months later...

SURVIVOR: 

wellll it looks like this project has become stalled as this pic is purty much how the ol' beast has been sitting for almost 2 yrs...the stolen street sign is kinda ironic...not pictured is the ginormous rabid mutt chained to a tree that's within the swing zone of that truck, so this is the closest pic that could be shot :cool:

large.smWeddle3.jpg.9dc30755ae386b0b142cf0165a644ffd.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture

wellll it looks like this project has become stalled as this pic is purty much how the ol' beast has been sitting for almost 2 yrs...the stolen street sign is kinda ironic...not pictured is the ginormous rabid mutt chained to a tree that's within the swing zone of that truck, so this is the closest pic that could be shot :cool:

just got to bring along a nice steak bone!

It can't be a good sign when your front tires are so flat they are hanging off the ramps.

I like the fact that someone is trying to figure out how many trucks are left.  I have a harder question to answer.  I have a Canadian 1953 Dodge truck.  How many were made and how many are left?  I am rebuilding mine from the ground up and turning it into a hot rod.  It should be an original?  It would be interesting to find an answer to this question.

i have a df2-26 (b2d) that i picked up in november just around the corner from my house. once the snow melts off ill take some pics. ran 3 years ago when parked, and only 2 bullet holes :)

welcome!  Nice find, we will eagerly await photos!

• 1 month later...

found this poor guy yesterday after a lead from Ed for one of the cabs I need for TODD....needles to say I passed he's in ROUGH shape, floor mostly gone, rear of cab all cancer.  I did manage to buy the remaining grill bar when the weather warms up.  I missed the top bar by two weeks!

20130315_141751_zps25dab719.jpg

• 2 months later...

I like the wheel ckock!

I got sucked into the armpit of Bell County on business and saw this li'l fixer upper:

attachicon.gifsm50DODGE1.jpgattachicon.gifsm50DODGE2.jpgattachicon.gifsm50DODGE3.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...