Treasure found in my floorboard!

Flatie46

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some mechanics used condoms to 'bandage' a cut finger, so don't get too personal.:D

Not uncommon to use similar when bandaging a cut in food processing plants to prevent microbiological contamination in/from food. This is in addition to wearing plastic or latex gloves.

They have to be small enough to fit snuggly over one's finger. They might be the right size for a cat or a dog, but one look at them and my wife knows that they are for my finger and not for a much larger organ. :) I'm pretty good about avoiding cuts after over 12 years experience.

As this thread has already goon way off topic I will add a story told to me by the guy who pumps out septic tanks. It seems there was a house septic tank he serviced where a man, his wife, and teenage daughter lived. The septic tank was plugged with condoms that had been flushed down the toilet. The man who lived there did not use them. So he had a long talk with his daughter only to find that she did not have a boyfriend. :rolleyes: Last I heard the man and his daughter still live there.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a 1950 nickel under the seat in my 1950 Buick. I also found a 1950's cigarette tax stamp in the same car.

Under the seat of my 1958 Desoto I did find the original build sheet. I also found an 80's transformer toy and a batman toy.

Rebecca

In the dash ash tray of the 54 Plymouth I had for a while were some

change, an old movie ticket, and some Vess soda pop bottle lids.

100_8140.jpg

In the trunk of the same Plymouth was this cassette tape..............and a

few more Vess bottle caps + some other junk.

100_7889.jpg

When I got my 1948 dodge pickup home I started cleaning out the rust and found a Va. license plate dated 1948 under the seat. The truck had a Va. title so I think it is orig plate for the truck from its first rund down the road.

Kinda neat.

I used to work in a pet food manufacturing facility. Had a couple of those in my pocket, and when the wife did the laundry, she came charging into the living room with fire in her eyes. She yelled "Just what in the H#$% are these?? She calmed down after I explained that they were a bit small to be what she suspected.

I used to work in a pet food manufacturing facility. Had a couple of those in my pocket, and when the wife did the laundry, she came charging into the living room with fire in her eyes. She yelled "Just what in the H#$% are these?? She calmed down after I explained that they were a bit small to be what she suspected.

Where I once worked they supplied eye glass cleaning cloths in a foil wrapped package that was about the size of a condom package. I had one of them in the bottom of the cup holder in my truck. One day I took Lisa to the store in my truck. She spotted the eye glass cleaner and grabbed it with a really sour expression on her face. She never said a word as she read the label but her facial expression did change as she replaced the packet in the cup holder.:eek:

• 11 months later...
I found a goodie in my car the other day.I was pullin up the rubber mat to start patchin the floor and found a 1936 buffalo nickel.Now that really put a smile on my face.I found an old pocket knife in the fender when I was cleaning the engine bay out a few years ago.Anybody else find any treasures in there car or truck?

Was searching old threads and had to share this...

The other day I found a 3/8" ratchet and 7/16" socket in my engine compartment. They were sitting right on top of the engine. This after I had spent two days looking for them, driven the car to my aunt's for a visit, and accused my son of leaving my tools out and misplacing them.

Damn... I'm turning into my dad.:rolleyes:

Was searching old threads and had to share this...

The other day I found a 3/8" ratchet and 7/16" socket in my engine compartment. They were sitting right on top of the engine. This after I had spent two days looking for them, driven the car to my aunt's for a visit, and accused my son of leaving my tools out and misplacing them.

Damn... I'm turning into my dad.:rolleyes:

Speaking of finding tools.:rolleyes: A few months back we were moving some machines at work and a friend found this really neat very old 1/2 inch drive ratchet. It looked to be made back in the 60's at least. He said," You'd get more use out of it than me" and gave it to me. I love old tools and was really tickeled about it. Well at first, I used it on a couple of small jobs it worked good. Then the other day I was working on something and I grabbed the old ratchet and was pulling with all I had. Something give in it and it threw me in the floor. Then I realized that the same thing had happened many years ago and some guy had got pissed off and threw this thing. I've thought about putting it somewhere so someone else can find this little treasure.:)

when i boutgh my 47 desoto and cleaned it out i found lots of junk in it but the most interesting item was an 1981 issue of young lust magazine! also found an old glass milk bottle that was under the seat. funny thing was that you could only get it out by removing the seat.

i found the original owner's manual under the back seat,

it's got the truth printed all over the back:

20100610142646792_sedblahcrm.jpg

:D

along with a diner coupon from the 50s in the driver's door behind the panel,

there were also these neat little items to be found all over the car:

20100610142128021_fidvxxzdac.jpg

20100610142159032_grljfemnmt.jpg

20100610142226095_fwoylycjby.jpg

20100610142554680_ljmrjhrdqo.jpg

sorry for the large image sizes...

I don't think this is a real treasure but I found a full pack of Marlboros in a hard to get to spot by the back seat. They look really old! The tobacco is all there in the cellophane but no paper.:eek:

Paper was used for mouse nests, no doubt. I've had 'em rummage through tobacco pouches. I wonder if they prefer regular or menthol?:D

I found this mystry medallion under the seat of my 52 Dodge PU. It's non ferrus,is 1.6 oz,and is 1 7/8" in diameter. There are the letters FD stamped to the left of the tree base. Looks like silver to me.

Anybody see one of these ?

MVC-003F-7.jpg

MVC-004F-4.jpg

I found this mystry medallion under the seat of my 52 Dodge PU. It's non ferrus,is 1.6 oz,and is 1 7/8" in diameter. There are the letters FD stamped to the left of the tree base. Looks like silver to me.

Anybody see one of these ?

Reg;

I have seen these many times before. The BS society had them made up to cover there arse. Whenever anyone came up with way to much BS the society would eliminate those poor folks. It was sad! To cover there tracks the society made these medalions and planted them on the remains. The FD stands for Found Dead so no society member could be convicted or held responsible for the death of the BS'er. How does your truck smell today?

Edited by Don Coatney

Reg;

I have seen these many times before. The BS society had them made up to cover there arse. Whenever anyone came up with way to much BS the society would eliminate those poor folks. It was sad! To cover there tracks the society made these medalions and planed them on the remains. The FD stands for Found Dead so no society member could be convicted or held responsible for the death of the BS'er. How does your truck smell today?

Now that brought tears to my eyes...I love it -And were it true Don, certainly some of us are watching our backs ;)

Reg;

I have seen these many times before. The BS society had them made up to cover there arse. Whenever anyone came up with way to much BS the society would eliminate those poor folks. It was sad! To cover there tracks the society made these medalions and planted them on the remains. The FD stands for Found Dead so no society member could be convicted or held responsible for the death of the BS'er. How does your truck smell today?

OK Don....way cool then. I was thinking of listing it on eBay pretty soon.

Would it be OK if I used your description of the medallion and refer any questions to you ?