Wheel Cylinder part numbers

MBF

Sorry if this is a duplicate post-I don't think the previous one updated the server. I'm looking for the NAPA p/n's for the front wheel cyls for a '36 Plymouth sedan. Thanks-Mike F:confused:

I was just in there yesterday looking for the same thing. They couldn't find anything for me '35. AutoZone lists them, #66970. They also list a master cylinder kit.

Roberts has wheel cylinder, master cylinder, and brake lines for our cars. I plan on going through the whole brake system this winter and that's probably where I'll go.

We've all had some issues with suppliers, but I bought a pair of new rear wheel cyls from Roberts and a year later I was rebuilding them due to leaks. The right one had a pit that I could not hone out completely so my fingers are crossed..

Have your tried NAPAonline.com?

I bought wheel cylinders from napa earlier this summer. they were easy to find and i think they may have even been in stock. the part numbers

right front top-10581

right front bottom-10583

left front top-10580

left front bottom-10582

both of the rears are the same and the number is-10588

the bolts holding the shoes on were pretty hard to get off, but when in doubt use a bigger hammer. hope this helps

I bought wheel cylinders from napa earlier this summer. they were easy to find and i think they may have even been in stock. the part numbers

right front top-10581

right front bottom-10583

left front top-10580

left front bottom-10582

both of the rears are the same and the number is-10588

the bolts holding the shoes on were pretty hard to get off, but when in doubt use a bigger hammer. hope this helps

I also have those part #s for 46-56, they are Raybestos #s, but Mike F. is looking for #s for a 36. Would they be the same back that far?

These are single wheel cylinders for both the front and rear, I believe that one of them (front or rear-heck maybe both) are stepped. These are for a '36 Plymouth 4 door sedan. Thanks-Mike F.

I think all 4 are stepped. For the 39 we had all 4 wheel cylinders were unique because of the stepped thing. Not available through normal channels-had to order from Bernbaum etc

I got a pair of the stepped cylinders from Bernbaum. Cost about $50 each.

My 47 has an older rear end, probably around a 1939 or so model. If you call them, they can tell you pretty quick if they have them......and they probably do.

Thanks-the autozone p/n is for a rebuild kit-I'm looking for the entire cylinder asm. I'm trying to avoid going to Roberts based on problems that I've had with some of their other items fitting correctly. NAPAONLINE doesn't go back that far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Mike

Other possibility is to take the originals, if you have them, and get them sleeved with brass or stainless steel. This is true for wheel cylinders and master cylinder. Lots of places do this and they will never rust or pit on you again. I had the master cylinder on my '38 Chrysler sleeved with brass by White Post Restorations.

My friend talked about his tour of White Post and its facality and the services they offer..huge setup and those people with the long coin take their cars there to get dropped off. I think he said that when a car came it..a lead restoration person was assigned the car..he walked it through the process and was responsible for the work being done..also you paid as the worked progress..miss a payment and out it went..no place for dead heads...

Jim-thanks for the OEM p/n's. I'm going to give them to our local NAPA guy-they have a counter guy that is worth waiting in line for! I'll let you know how I make out and share the info in case someone else needs the same info. Thanks again-Mike