Can't find this broken spring on the column

mvpcustoms
Go to solution Solved by JerseyHarold,

5 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

Unfortunately, he wants $16.99 for shipping an item that is less than 1 ounce.  Put in a USPS envelope is $0.60. Maybe an alternate $1.00 spring from Tru-Value Hardware or Home Depot would work?

I was thinking the same thing sir, add the $16 into the price for the hard to find spring and call it free shipping? I'd feel better about it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarcDeSoto said:

I'm sure you can't find this spring at Home Depot or a hardware store.  It is very specialized.  

This is why I have so much "junk". 

For example, there is a spring of somewhat similar design on the hood latch on the P15s.  Mine was mangled.  I found one that would work in my junk parts, one that came out of a printer.  But I know that at least one of the springs that hold the window rollers in tension against the tracks is broken, and that's also a spring that will not be found in a hardware store.

• Like 1

Once upon a time, I made a special spring for the window, from a binder clip part, as inspired by a safety pin.  (I couldn't find a blanket pin, like I had in the Boy Scout days.) 

That was years ago, (the window repair, and also the Boy Scouts) and the window still works

image.jpeg.47874f256e07c515122442b85f3b8217.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

Once upon a time, I made a special spring for the window, from a binder clip part, as inspired by a safety pin.  (I couldn't find a blanket pin, like I had in the Boy Scout days.) 

That was years ago, (the window repair, and also the Boy Scouts) and the window still works

Thanks, Donald.  I copied your photo, including your name, as credit where credit is due, as they say.

• Thanks 1

For small and light weight items I always as the seller if he can do a better price on the shipping fees. Sometimes they will adjust and sometimes they will not.

Also remember that the seller will lose approx 10% for the sale and the fees from Ebay. So sometimes they up the shipping cost to make a better profit.  Also have to remember that they purchased the item and have been sitting on it for maybe a long time before selling one so you are thelucky person that gets hit with the upgraded price.

Here is a very unique situation that happened several years ago at Hershey.  I was a t a vendors site and a gentleman came to his table. He said out loud tha a piece of trim on  his table was the missing part for his car. First mistake. The item was NOS and the seller was asking $35 for the item. The buyer offered $25 for the item and the seller said it was $35.  The buyer kept trying to dicker for a lower price and everytime the buyer said something the seller increased the price by $5.00. This went on and the price got to be around $60. The seller asked for the trim back and then snapped it in have and said to the buyer that he had enough of his bickering and that no one will get the item.  The buyer went nuts.  The important thing to remember is that if someone has the item you need and or want they control the selling price and shipping and handling costs.  So yes, it is now harder to get items at a cheaper shipping but this is reality, so you have the option to buy the item or not buy the item.  If you need it then you pay the price to play in a big guys world.

I have been a vendor at Hershey for several years and under stand the process.

Rich Hartung 

• Like 1

Understood, personally I have no problem paying $50 with free shipping for a hard to find part. I guess it's just in how you word it? made some progress though on the shifter arms, had to rebend them somewhere along the line the one got bent. I'll do the fine tuning when I get the column back in. Working on ac and front end now. IMG_20221209_065743474.jpg.c9f046c1587c34b8439ed79a040f193a.jpgIMG_20221208_143919159.jpg.6f94c4e73aecff4d52045eff4dca2a40.jpg

I think this front end has been replaced with dodge parts, what do the experts say. Everything else says and matches Plymouth but this grill with the round lights on the outside. Frame shows signs of repair from an accident before.IMG_20220811_105917595.jpg.26dc961ffdef664d69806872448a2648.jpg

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Did you make that AC bracket?  Because adding AC is on my list.

Hey sniper you got any leads on hardware/bolt kits for this 50 deluxe? All I see are fine thread, I can blast and paint but then you have to repaint after tightening?

4 hours ago, mvpcustoms said:

Hey sniper you got any leads on hardware/bolt kits for this 50 deluxe? All I see are fine thread, I can blast and paint but then you have to repaint after tightening?

Not sure what nuts and bolts you are referring to.