BODY MOUNTS QUESTION

pflaming

How difficult is it to put new body mounts in a B3B. I getting ready to repair my truck, this is one area that i may address. I’m thinking the old hard mounts probably contribute to inside noise along with a harder ride. 

I’m very slowly recovering from Lyme infection from a tick bite in June in Maine. Its a tough disease. 

Hi Paul, if it were me, I’m not sure I would look at the body mount unless I had too but, difficultly to me would be decided on weather or not the cab mount bolts and the bushings can be removed. Seems just about every cab I have dismantled, the drivers front bolt is “rust/welded” in place. 
if you can remove the bolts and bushings, seems like it is just a matter of loosing sheet metal, fuel tank connectors, floor board panels, steering column brackets, removing the doors etc. 

and then lifting the cab and front end up enough to slip the new rubber mounts in. Then aligning everything back together. 

Seems like a lot of effort for little reward.

Remind me, for the ride, did you remove a leaf spring at some point? Have you replaced the shocks? 

for the noise, do you have a floor mat in the truck?

I will not change the cab mounts, tks. Yes, I removed the 2nd from the bottom leaf on all four springs. That lowered the truck 2” for a much better ride and even better for cornering by lowering the center of gravity. I love to drive this truck. Will swap in a different engine with a T5 transmission. Then I will have a really nice cruiser. I also changed the rear dilfferencial to 3.73. Can now easily cruise with the semis and pass at will. 

I have sound deadening of the floor, maybe add a good matt also. 

See you at the BBQ be sure to bring your beauty shotgun rider. 

Remember his mounts might be cooked from the fire and who knows what shape. Paul have you snuck a peak and either of the drivers side ones to see it's appearance? Any noticable tilt like the drivers side ones are damaged from heat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

Maybe Ill bring new mounts and Brent can do a mount change demonstration for Tims You Tube series. 

You're a visionary, I could trailer my project out there and just pick it up next year when it's complete! LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

Maybe Ill bring new mounts and Brent can do a mount change demonstration for Tims You Tube series. 

Lol, thanks Paul!
Hey, also thanks for the story about Lyme disease…. I’ve been telling Julie all day It is real and I need to check her ?

If she has Lyme disease and does not know it, find out asap. The longer it goes untreated, the worse it affects the body and the harder it is to control it. Some say it cannot be eradicated, only kept in check. I’m six months into the infection and only now getting some relief.  Proof I was bit by a tick.

1103BAD3-ABAF-4989-B723-C64A91EFC597.jpeg

That tick bite is nasty! Lots of ticks here, occasional case of lime disease. 

i did my cab mounts,on my 51 1/2 ton. I got all the nuts off first. The panel in the door jamb has to come off.flat panel between cab floor and running board. Then blocks and a bottle jack. 

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

If she has Lyme disease and does not know it, find out asap. The longer it goes untreated, the worse it affects the body and the harder it is to control it. Some say it cannot be eradicated, only kept in check. I’m six months into the infection and only now getting some relief.  Proof I was bit by a tick.

It is very prevalent here in the Rocky Mountains,

I've been lucky with the hiking, know several who have had it.

I now can work about two hours in the shop. Thursday felt good and worked hard for about five hours, which included some floor work. Friday and Saturday I slept around the clock. Feel fairly good tonight.  

Fatigue, brain fog, week muscles, especially the legs, still persist. Chromic pain has subsided. Bad stuff and I caught it within the first 10 days and went on antibiotics for 28 days.  So if the ticks are in your area, wear tight clothing’ and check yourself after being in an area where they might be.