I have a bagged front end!!! dodge update

dvanecek

Been a while since I posted an update. Between trying to sell a house, get my shovelhead back on the road and work, I have not had much dodge time. Today I got my brakes kit on and mounted my bags with temp hose and shraeder(sp?) valves. It doesn't get as low as I hoped, so I may need to get some drop spindles. Anyway's here are the picks.

post-819-13585346259345_thumb.jpg

post-819-13585346259641_thumb.jpg

It looks like you will need band aids on the rocker panels if it goes any lower:eek:

Shel, that was my thoughts too. I like a car lowered a little, but it looks like this one will be sitting on the ground once the body is on.:rolleyes: There's no way you drive a car that low. As mentioned, I like a car lowered maybe a couple of inches, but don't like them sitting on the ground. See no point in it if it can't be driven that way.

But..........that's just my opinion. If the owner likes it, I say knock yourself out doing it. However, if you were trying to sell me a car like that, I would run the other away as fast as I could. Wouldn't even consider buying a car lowered like that.

IMHO a car should look the same when driven as when it's parked.

Hey Norm's coupe your age is showing!!!! LOL just kidding buddy.:D

It's the new style you drive up to the cool spot to hang out and you drop thta bitch to the ground!!!!! then when you are done from all day of partying, you pick it up and drive off!!! COOL more pics please!:D

Greg' date=' I realize the car can be raised or lowered at will, so it can be driven. However, it can't be driven sitting that low. That's the point I was making. IMHO a car should look the same when driven as when it's parked.[/quote']

Is that like taking a pic of the car in your driveway and then using photoshop to make it look like its moving??? :D

Allan

Hey Norm's coupe your age is showing!!!! LOL just kidding buddy.:D

It's the new style you drive up to the cool spot to hang out and you drop thta bitch to the ground!!!!! then when you are done from all day of partying, you pick it up and drive off!!! COOL more pics please!:D

Now I know why I don't like that look. I don't have a female dog to drop to the ground, just a car.:D

Greg' date=' I realize the car can be raised or lowered at will, so it can be driven. However, it can't be driven sitting that low. That's the point I was making. IMHO a car should look the same when driven as when it's parked.[/quote']

I'm glad you appreciate the time and labor I spent building my car. First off the rockers are a good 4 inches off the ground. the stock suspension will only go so low no matter what kind of spring I run. secondly ,as previously stated the suspension is adjustable. I chose airbags for that reason. I am running a big block and they will not only provide the most confortable ride possible but also alow for adjustability.

Big D, Looks good!

I would like to see how you mounted the bags and what size bags you are using.

Keep up the good work.

BloodyKnuckles

bring you butt down here and check it out then. :) I used slam specialties 6" bags. I hat to trim the pocket a bit to fit. I'll take better pictures when I get them back in. here is a pic of the lower A arm I modified. for the upper mount I modified the s10 bracket by cuttin the bolt and welding in a new one the line up with the hole created by cuttin out the factory frame rivet. (I welded up the frame first). hard to explain without seeing it.

post-819-13585346264161_thumb.jpg

I have stuff in the way otherwise I would post pics of the side profile. I am very careful when I build things. safety first, so i am very cautious os scrub lines etc. This front end is setting on the bump stops. I will make sure that in the event of a blown bag I will still safely beable to manuver the car.

Here is a link to the HAMB where I posted some of my bag setup fab pics. What isn't shown is the bag mounted, but basically I built it so I can pull the bag out if needed. The upper cup shown in the picutre is bolted to the top of the bag the lower cup is welded to the A arm. 2 bolts hold things in place and the upper cups slips into the stock upper spring retainer.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190415

Several cars come from the factory with air bag suspension. Lincoln has used it since 1990. Great ride quality. I had a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with level control. Problem is as the system gets old it tends to lose pressure. I've seen plenty of Lincolns looking like low riders because the system failed. Still think its a great idea.

Several cars come from the factory with air bag suspension. Lincoln has used it since 1990. Great ride quality. I had a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with level control. Problem is as the system gets old it tends to lose pressure. I've seen plenty of Lincolns looking like low riders because the system failed. Still think its a great idea.

Cadillac started the "trend" in 1957.

• 2 months later...
Guest mattblack

damn, that looks badass! My bags are on their way. I took the springs out today to see how low it could sit with stock suspension. Not too bad.

Was wondering if you've ran into any problems with your steering clearance or if you've thought anything up to remedy it? I would love to know. Definitely post more pix.

I have normal springs on mine but have used the 3 inch drop spindles..it is very close to the ground as it is with all the metal on the fornt and the 383 big block..unless you looking for a flattened parked profile..pavement scraper...am not sure you will need to have the drops with the set up you have now...

Now I know why I don't like that look. I don't have a female dog to drop to the ground' date=' just a car.:D[/quote']

I hadn't read this thread before and started fom the beginning.Almost

choked on my morning coffee when I got to this part.:D

I see a number of Lincolns riding about the area with blown bags or controller..whatever the problem they are not fixing it due to cost involved I would guess...blow a bag..lose your pump..what backup do you have to get it off the ground..never explored this area..inquiring minds want to know.

Saw one of those "low rider" Lincolns a few days ago.....don't know what

problem caused it to be sitting down.....but as it went thru an intersection

that is a bit lumpy--bumpy, the entire car jumped off the ground maybe

3 or 4 inches.