An MG is Born

ssnowden

I ran into that too, but it's for part of the show. You still can follow each step though. It kind of makes you want an MG. :)

Edited by ssnowden

LBC's are not for everyone...am guilty of owning a number of these at present...never a "B" my MG is a 1962 1100  Saloon....I have a Midget but is slated to go to my son eventually....so I really don't have much to say for it one way or the other..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

One of my coworkers has an old MG.  He rather enjoys it, parts are still relatively easy to find, and there's a huge fan base/support group.  Only problems he's had are his size vs. the size of the car (or vise versa), and the electronics.  I've never really been interested in British cars, but I don't have anything against them.   

tires on many of the European cars of yesteryear can really be a problem matching them out today.  Direct replacements are not available in many cases.  Many companies will not sell nor mount the tire if your car is not on their chart for fit leaving you totally without recourse at their hands.  If you do not have the means to do some of your own tire work given if the local will sell the tire on a carry out, you pretty much between a rock and a hard place.  Just went through this this week for a LBC with 12 inch radials.....

and if you think these old foreign cars are fun, try finding some tires for the old European early touring bikes..  E-bay is your buddy...ordered 6 tires and two tubes just yesterday..the Peugeot rims are special size.

tires on many of the European cars of yesteryear can really be a problem matching them out today.  Direct replacements are not available in many cases.  Many companies will not sell nor mount the tire if your car is not on their chart for fit leaving you totally without recourse at their hands.  If you do not have the means to do some of your own tire work given if the local will sell the tire on a carry out, you pretty much between a rock and a hard place.  Just went through this this week for a LBC with 12 inch radials.....

and if you think these old foreign cars are fun, try finding some tires for the old European early touring bikes..  E-bay is your buddy...ordered 6 tires and two tubes just yesterday..the Peugeot rims are special size.

Do you have a pic of the bikes? 

post-19-0-90082800-1470314028_thumb.jpgthis is the Peugeot.....as acquired....yard sale price...5.00  I have since repaired a number of small items that was wrong with the bike.  I have NOT yet wrapped the handlebars back as original. The bike still has all its original parts including the bungie for the luggage rack albeit the bungee has lost it elasticity

I ride my Raleigh almost daily, sometimes I take the Mercier

• Like 1

Cool.  I had a Peugeot bike when I was in high school.  Used to ride it from Presidio to Shafter, TX, and back on a regular basis to explore the old mines and ghost town.  It was a really good bike, luckily I never had to deal with tires or parts.  Imagine trying to find those in west Texas long (really long) before the internet.  Gave it to the neighbor kid when I graduated and went off to the Army.   

• 2 weeks later...

I had an 1100cc Midget. It was a PITA, but I still miss it after 44 years.

It was easy to hop up the engine enough to trash the entire drive train.

Hell, the stock engine would trash the drivetrain.

I remember the joy of watching my left front wheel pass me on a curve when a knockoff came loose.

I didn't know enough to retighten them after 10 miles.

• Like 1