Gas Pedal linkage

Harvey Tank
Go to solution Solved by Andydodge,

I was out driving today in my 50 Ply came up to a stop sign. took off in first gear shift to second and no gas.

popped the hood and found that the linkage from the gas pedal was off. does anyone have a photo or a diagram of the linkage set up for the P20

I think mine is missing. I walked back down the street looking for it no luck. Maybe it hiding on the frame. what's it look like?

There is a small clip that holds the rod that comes through the floor to the belcrank under the floorboard. The other end of the belcrank also has a small clip holding on the rod that goes up to the bracket on the firewall. One of my clips fell off, but I got lucky and found it.

thanks guys. the linkage that I lost was the one right off of the gas pedal.  one that I don't think you can get to to take a photo off with out taking the floor pan off. that's what I will do tomorrow.

Niel I think you are right. it might just be the little clip holding the linkage to the gas pedal. I think I lost it.

Thanks Don for the photos they do indeed help.

The rod should should come out just above the starter and connect to the bellcrank right behind the oil filter at the firewall. At least on my 48 P-15 it does. I lost my clip and the pin for it one time. I got a replacement part at autozone and made a new pin by cutting it down and using cotter pins to secure it. Works fine now.

Joe

Does the P-15 use this type of pivot pin and clip?

This pin and clip is at the gas pedal push rod through the floor to engine firewall linkage on one of my chryslers.

post-302-0-04036700-1441600979_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1

Does the P-15 use this type of pivot pin and clip?

This pin and clip is at the gas pedal push rod through the floor to engine firewall linkage on one of my chryslers.

Yes it does. Your photo refreshed my memory. I replaced that pin and clip on my car with a pin that has a spring loaded detent ball as a locking device.

P9060003_02.jpg

From 50 Mopar parts book. Looks like my 50 P-20 except I think the rod from the throttle to bell crank used rods with 60 degree bends and clips. I would really prefer to have it per the diagram using rod ends with nuts and no clips.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Ignore the extra parts show for a auto trans setup.

DJ

post-3654-0-94099600-1441669186_thumb.jpg

You have the common style L/R linkage clips!

• Solution

Gee, you Yanks have a convoluted accelerator linkage............that'll teach you guys to drive on the wrong side of the road, here in Oz the accelerator linkage uses bits of what you have but half the bells & whistles tho'........but we make up for it in the column shift dept........lol..........oops.......better get back in my corner now.......which side.....right hand or left hand corner.........lol.......regards,andyd. 

• Like 1