Trunk upgrades

Don Coatney

Procrastinate!   :) 

and quit looking in other guys trunks :D 

edit= phone won't allow me to add "emotions"

Edited by Brent B3B

LOL...A Midnight Discount eh?

I got rear ended in my old Ford, and I had my MG transmission wedged tight in the trunk so it wouldn't shift around.

I had just re-built the whole thing (which cost a fortune) & I was taking it to my Dad's garage to install it when I got hit.

The guy who hit me couldn't figure out why I was jumping mad, desperately trying to claw my bent up trunk lid open & cursing like a madman.

I was just sure the trans case had been cracked in the impact, but it survived unscathed.

That Ford was cursed and in the 3 years I owned it got rear-ended 3 times. 

I've been hit from the back 3 times in my Ford, twice in my Chevy, one in the Edsel, once in my Bonneville, once in my Caddy, once on my KZ900 & once in the Tacoma;

but nobody ever hit me on the Nomad, in the Camry, or in the P15. Yet.

Geeze, I'm sorry I said that. Now the jinx is on!   :o

Every time I was dead stopped in traffic, and nearly every time I was behind a line of traffic, except on the bike.

Some lady in a Celica hit my bike & pushed me into an intersection. Not much damage, because there was no cross traffic.

Now days if I'm the first in line on a motorcycle, I don't stop in the middle of my lane. I stop right on the line between lanes. Then cars pull up on both sides of me, providing a buffer.

Edited by Ulu

. . .nobody ever hit me on the Nomad, in the Camry, or in the P15. Yet. . . .

Totally untrue, now that I think about it. I was rear ended on the Nomad, entering I-5 at Red Bluff back in 2007. It got a couple scratches on the saddlebag which didn't polish out.

The P15 got hit-and-run damage in a parking lot, while I was attending traffic school in some Visalia motel confrence room. They crushed one of the front fender spears.

Also I noticed a big ding on the Camry yesterday, so I'm batting zero here.

Don, if I was present when the 2nd photo was taken I'd keep my thoughts to myself and my mouth.  If I wished to stay out of trouble.

Maybe,  "Hun, that huge ol' trunk makes yer butt look really small!"   :wub: 

Naaah....there's nothing one could safely say.