James Mills a Member?

mudshark1

I am asking if any of the members know this gentleman or if anyone has done business with him? He responded to my classified ad on this website for a B3B transmission. I have been trying to buy a transmission from him but can't seem to get him to send me the personal information needed to complete the purchase. We have exchanged many emails, and I have a phone number, but have not gotten a call back. I am as much concerned about launching my dollars into the ether, as I am trying to figure out a way to complete a purchase. Any info/help, would be greatly appreciated.

Where is he located? Maybe there is a member nearby willing to help scope it out.

He lives in KY. I was hoping someone could give me the thumbs up, I am trying to buy a transmission from him but he only uses Western Union. And the internet is littered with bad stories

using a wire transfer. I don't have a user id, I do now have an address, is there a way to look him up? I assume he is a member, he found me thru our classifieds.

He lives in KY. I was hoping someone could give me the thumbs up, I am trying to buy a transmission from him but he only uses Western Union. And the internet is littered with bad stories

using a wire transfer. I don't have a user id, I do now have an address, is there a way to look him up? I assume he is a member, he found me thru our classifieds.

You know what happens when you use that word. Non-registered people can scan/search the classifieds. Was any personal info in your ad, ie:phone#, etc. that would give him a way to contact you without being a member here?

No personal info given in my ad, the only way he could communicate thru the website. I assume the only way to respond to my ad was if he's a member.

And I want to be clear, nothing untoward has occurred...but it is the internet. My apologies to James in advance; I need your transmission badly, just want to cover all my bases.

I sent him an email, after he sent me an address, that I would only do business thru PayPal. If a seller creates and sends an invoice thru PP, the purchaser is covered if he/she is not happy. I sent a link to PP to make it easier, we will see. Hope so!

Sounds like a scam to me.  Why not Google his address and phone number (one at a time) and see if anything interesting comes up?  You have to enter the phone number a few different ways (123-456-7890, 1234567890, and (123) 456-7890) for full coverage, but I think it's worth the effort to discover any negatives.  Again, this sounds fishy especially when Western Union pops into the conversation.

No personal info given in my ad, the only way he could communicate thru the website. I assume the only way to respond to my ad was if he's a member.

And I want to be clear, nothing untoward has occurred...but it is the internet. My apologies to James in advance; I need your transmission badly, just want to cover all my bases.

I sent him an email, after he sent me an address, that I would only do business thru PayPal. If a seller creates and sends an invoice thru PP, the purchaser is covered if he/she is not happy. I sent a link to PP to make it easier, we will see. Hope so!

Not sure if it was available in your ad, but anyone, member or not can view classifieds, and in many listings by clicking on "features" the lister's email address will show up.

GTK has done a lot to make this site pretty safe and at the same time user friendly.  I believe as a guest you  have rights to 7 pages before prompting to become a member...this I think is also sorted by IP, remembers you on return.....As a guest you do not have right to search nor reply..search being use of the search window and keyword sorting...we have some members here who are professional dealers in parts and breakers of cars/trucks...this page is a hot bead of potential sales if they are members...ALSO...one can use one name for searching...another for solicitations...

As another aside, many of the folks with parts for sale ads etc forget they post on here and often these ads are product of the ole black hole....good intention with little follow up makes for bad pages...

It is good however to know whom you are dealing and be wary of those key scam tactics most of us have heard all the horror stories about....it is a shame we must sort through this fine website as a precaution..all in all, we have good deals between active members here...

Thanks Plymouthy for taking the time to answer my questions regarding how the site functions. As far as James Mills, he turned out to be what I thought he was, a scammer phishing for his dinner. Still looking for that elusive trans, I really need one if anyone has a lead.

Hey...I poked around to find my "PM" but couldn't find it. PM?

sent you an e-mail, check your "jetway" addresses in box from P15-D24........and i sent a second PM (to light up the envelope with a red number)  

Rather than try to remember them myself, there have been several threads in this Forum on that type of scamming that have good warning flags to look out for.  A search would be helpful to those without a lot of internet purchasing/selling experience....

• Like 1