Plymouthdoctor

40phil41

Has anyone placed an order with Plymouthdoctor recently? I placed an order on Oct. 17 and was told that it would be ready to ship within 2 weeks. It is now 2 months and after repeated phone calls to him and many reasons given now no one answers the phone and the answering machine is full and cannot accept anymore messages. I know that things happen to delay an order but this is starting to worry me. 

Phil

There was another similar complaint by some one here back in September or so.  He was at the Plymouth Owners Club meet in Port Huron peddling parts and taking orders.  Don't know if the person who posted worked out his issue or not.  His location is Perry,  Michigan  about an hour west of the Blue Water Bridge, maybe it time for a road trip.  

Edited by greg g

• 2 weeks later...

Are ya saying He does not make the parts??

Someone else does?????

DJ

Plymouth Adams... talking on the phone and getting what you paid for as promised are two different things......  Nuff said

not enough said...you stated they were not answering the phone...to that end I did communicate...now I did not have an outstanding order that may be the subjectof bad vibes...but I did talk to them on the phone...so while you are stiff miffed...the communications line was open for me..

Just to update. I did finally get through on the phone on Dec. 19. He indicated that my parts are now made and to be sent from his fabricator to him on Dec. 19 or 22nd followed by shipping to me within a day or two. He was to e-mail me when the parts were on their way to me. Still no e-mail, but this is Christmas. (My mastercard was processed on Oct. 17 2014.)

P.S. In my original post my question was if anyone has any recent orders with Plymouth Doctor. There were no affirmative replies but there is now a similar post from someone else on the main forum. 

P.S. P.S. Plymouthy Adams, please look at who is posting before replying. It was not me who said "  talking on the phone and getting what you paid for as promised are two different things......  Nuff said".

Phil

Edited by 40phil41

• 8 months later...

Since I have just now received the balance of my order from The Plymouth Doctor I am going to list the 'facts' about my order (without editorializing) and let you determine how you proceed. There are both good and bad aspects.

The product I ordered was a set of rocker panels for my '40 Dodge 4 dr. (8 pieces - front outer & inner and rear outer & inner).

1. Order placed by phone on Oct. 17, 2014 with an expected ship date in about 2 weeks. My Mastercard was processed the same day.

2. Between Nov. 24, 2014 and Feb. 13, 2015 I called him 12 times to enquire about the status of my order. The 8  times he answered the phone he had a variety of stories about the order. Of the 4 times I left a message on his answering machine he never returned a call. He does have the parts made by an external fabricator and I suspect that he has trouble with them.

3. Parts shipped Feb. 13, 2015.

4, Parts received Feb. 25, 2015 (in Canada).

5. The rear inners were not the correct parts. Called Feb. 25, left message, sent an e-mail with photos on Feb.27. He returned my call Feb. 27 and agreed they were not correct and promised to have the correct ones made up and sent out to me at no cost. I also did not have to return the incorrect pieces. 

6. Between Mar. 13 and Sept. 16 I called him 11 times. The 5 times he answered he again had a variety of reasons for the delay. I left a voice message 6 times of which he never returned a call.

7. On my Sept. 16 call he informed me that the parts had been shipped out on Sept. 8 and gave me a tracking number.

8. Correct rear inners were received Sept. 22, 2015.

The quality of the pieces appears to be good but won't know for sure until I install them.

Phil

I feel for ya Phil. Mail-order business seems like more of a crap-shoot nowadays.

I ordered a set of custom machined alloy wheels and custom urethane tires for my favorite skateboard. Big ones. 

Over $300 with shipping and tax.

The maker packaged the stuff poorly and one tire was lost in the mail. It's like a big rubber soup can. How did they lose it?

He refused to make me another tire, because he doesn't want to buy the minimum stock order to make just one.

Unfortunately he's on the East Coast, so impossible to reach if he doesn't want to be reached.

I ordered 2 custom pressed skateboard deck blanks from another guy. Imported baltic birchwood, quality glue, vacuum-degassed pressings, nicely sanded, drilled srtraight. Really good quality work. I'd bought from him twice before with excellent service and the decks were great, and built right to my specs.

Bugger has had my money since February, and no decks have arrived. He stopped answering my e-mail about April.

It's only a couple hundred dollars, but I need those decks! The lack of the product is worse than the loss of the money.

I've had better luck with car parts. I had one mirror go missing, but everything else I ever ordered for my P-15 came OK.

I have never dealt with the Plymouth doctor, but before reading this I was toying with the idea of having my patch panels made up.

Now I'll just make them myself.