Shiny Bumpers

Oldguy48

Well, I just got home from dropping off the bumpers for my P15 at the rechroming

shop. It's a Christmas gift from my family to have them redone. They weren't

dinged up (much), but scratched and dull. Was told the turnaround time is about12 weeks, so I didn't want to wait much longer. The shop is Librandi's, in

Middletown, Pa. And they come with a lifetime warranty. A local Hudson

collector recommended them, and I've not heard any complaints about them at all. Now I can't wait for the call from them that they're done!! WooHoo.

Wayne

They are doing them the right way.......if not copper plated then everything else is a waste of time.......andyd

Speaking of the bumpers, what would be the correct size attaching bolts for a P15? It seems the bolts on mine were an odd assortment of 7/16", 1/2", and even a 3/8". Obviously these were not original.

All were round head, and not oval head. I want to get a new set prior to getting the bumpers back, and my parts book does not list them. I tried to download Restoration Specialties catalog, but my computer waved a flag of surrender. Thanks.

Wayne

Edited by Oldguy48

Speaking of the bumpers, what would be the correct size attaching bolts for a P15? It seems the bolts on mine were an odd assortment of 7/16", 1/2", and even a 3/8". Obviously these were not original.

All were round head, and not oval head. I want to get a new set prior to getting the bumpers back, and my parts book does not list them. I tried to download Restoration Specialties catalog, but my computer waved a flag of surrender. Thanks.

Wayne

Call them at their toll free number to order the bumper bolts,and ask them to send you a catalog in the order. They made good stuff and I doubt you will find them cheaper anywhere else. I was really happy with the ones I bought from them.

I've ordered other stuff from MACs to use in my car and truck projects. Good company and if you google search you might find a discount code. I used to get them emailed frequently but haven't seen one in a while.

Thanks to all for the possible bolt sources. I'm still wondering what the correct size should be

(7/16" or 1/2" diameter). If I use the oval head bolts, if there's any slop in the square hole, it

will be difficult to keep the oval head properly aligned. And I don't have the bumpers here to get a

good measurement on the bumper mounting holes. I may just use the round headed bolts so that alignment

won't be an issue. But I do like the looks of the oval head type. I should have checked that out

before I dropped off the bumpers. Thanks again for the replies.

Wayne

And, ya gotta have 4 longer length bolts to go through the bumper guards.  I think mine came from

Restoration Specialties.....seems like about $5 apiece.     

Actually..........what I did was.........the bolts have a stainless steel cover crimped over the head.

I removed that cover and took the bolts to the plater to actually chrome the heads.  I think they

referred to the shape of the Mopar bolts as "football" shape.