Quiet Ride Questions

Although I have a LONG way to go in the restoration of my '51 B3C before I order a headliner and side panels from Quiet Ride, I learned a lot from the thread "Interior Products that Last", but I still have several questions.

Q1: I understand that the headliner comes in two halves (L/R) with some sort of a junction strip, and it does not have any rear holes. Is this correct?

Q2: The side panels include one long one that surrounds the windows, and two panels that fit over the doors. These three panels have holes pre-punched for push-in attachment buttons. Are the push-ins included?

Q3: Does Quiet Ride provide several color choices, including brown?

Q4: Through ignorance on my part, I cut the bracket in the center of the roof off (dumb) because I thought it was connected with several roof lights that had been mounted when the truck was used as a wrecker. My vague recollection is that the bracket had a threaded hole for a small bolt/screw. Is that corrrect, or is it just a hole for a push-in? I am in the process of making a replacement bracket.

Thanks guys.

Barry

Q1:  top panel comes as one piece already sewn together.

Q2:  they do include pins, but they are not the original style, those you can get at Restoration Specialties

Q3:  They will paint them for you, I got tan for the headliner and dark brown for the toe kicks and door panels (same style as original)

Q4:  My '51 was a screw w/ bezel

Q4: threaded for a giant philips head screw in my 49. 2 mounting blocks.

Is the QR headliner panel rough enough to cement my mahogany strips to? Butcher paper thin wood 1" wide for the headliner. Helps tie the truck in with the family wooden boat history.

Edited by Scruffy49

Hi Scruffy,

I'm interested in hearing about the family wooden boat history if it does not detour the thread too much.

Thanks,

Hank  :)

Hank,

Google Dodge Boats.

Trucks original owner (my grandfather) always had at least one mahogany fishing boat. My father in law had a 1946 double planked cypress over live oak 30' cabin cruiser that Hurricane Katrina turned into kindling. I have the gauge panel, bow lights and bell from the 46 here at the farm. We also try to turn out a wooden boat every couple years here. Mostly little car topper skiffs, canoes or day sailers.

Have close to 200 linear feet of 1" wide 10-12 foot long mahogany veneer strips to cover the headliner base with. Also have enough other mahogany to do a wood strip headliner in my Sweptline, door pulls for both trucks, dash trim for both trucks.

Thank you folks for your replies. They were very helpful. I think that I will eventually go with a dark brown to match my recently reappolstered seats, door panels, arm rests, and sun visors. Also, I will probably drill a hole in the roof backet for a push-in. I was going to attach photos to see if my items are close to the QR dark brown, but I don't see an icon for attachments??? Thanks again.

Barry

Thank you!!!

Barry

I actually called QR yesterday and got thos so I can get paint made up at NAPA to match for my push pins.

We'd love to see some photos Barry.

Click on the 'More Reply Options' box at the bottom right of the reply screen - the attachment will come up to the bottom left of the screen that opens up after pressing that button. 

post-2952-0-82590400-1365030450_thumb.jpgpost-2952-0-82590400-1365030450_thumb.jpgpost-2952-0-82590400-1365030450_thumb.jpgpost-2952-0-82590400-1365030450_thumb.jpgpost-2952-0-20634000-1365030545_thumb.jpgpost-2952-0-53776800-1365030592_thumb.jpg 

We'd love to see some photos Barry.

Click on the 'More Reply Options' box at the bottom right of the reply screen - the attachment will come up to the bottom left of the screen that opens up after pressing that button.

Thank you. I will try it with several photos (I hope) of the seat, door panels, etc.

Barry

post-2952-0-35472600-1365030497_thumb.jpg

Good idea. Did you use #1790 push pins from Restoration Specialities? They look like they would do the job.

Barry

yep!  Now I gotta paint them, QR painted my panels for me

The interior (and the truck) look great Barry.

I like those wheels with the beauty rings - I have been trying to decide whether to go the beauty rings or the wheel striping for my blue truck.

It looks like you've got the hang of the attachments now!

FWIW, Amazon.com has the colors in stock if you don't have a local vendor that stocks them. I'll pay the $12 shipping to not have to drive halfway across the city.

I may be completely wrong, but do you have a full pick of that  willys barry??  That's pretty much the next project on my list... right down to the paint color. 

The engine layout looks wayy too familiar to me...

Could someone post some pictures showing the screws, mounting blocks and locations for mounting the headliner in a 49 as a follow up to Barry's question #4? My 49 does not have a headliner but does have several holes in the cab roof. The cab will soon be going to the body shop and I would like to know how the roof should be prepared for attaching the headliner. Until I read this discussion this evening I was unaware that there were provisions for attaching the headliner. Thanks.

Head liner attaches to the roof itself via 1 or 2 brackets permenently attached to the underside of the roof on a centerline from the windshield to the rear window.  Evenly spaced holes in the roof itself along the front would have been for clearance lights.  Any other holes are for unknown reasons.and attachments.

I may be completely wrong, but do you have a full pick of that  willys barry??  That's pretty much the next project on my list... right down to the paint color. 

The engine layout looks wayy too familiar to me...

If I have done it correctly, there should be four photos of the 49CJ3A Jeep that I restored for my son. After I finished it, I started on the restoration of my '51 B3C, I have a long way to go before I complete this puppy.

post-2952-0-75226200-1365515560_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-38331000-1365515584_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-58435500-1365515625_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-65411100-1365515689_thumb.jpg