Insurance

TheMoose

I pay about $550 for a year..but then I put it on storage for the fall/winter so it really only costs me about $250-300 to run it for the season. NOW...here in Manitoba we only have one insurance provider that is government run...so when you fight you really have no hope...but I value mine at about $7000 as is, without the final body work complete...but with all the updates and a rebuilt engine I figure I'm not too far off...god help me the stack of bills from the work I have done would be very close to that

I have my Pilothouse insured with American Collectors Insurance.

Full coverage with a declared value on $14,000 cost per year is $109.

Mileage per year is restricted to 2500 miles which is not a problem.

My yom state license plate has the same restriction.

Edited by Dennis_MN
Forgot cost

Dennis, did I understand that you have a restriction on collector plates for milage? I never heard of that before. In wi. yoe are supposed to be off the road I believe Dec-Mar. Unless you are your way to a show. Although the milage thing would not hurt me, On my semi the spedo has not worked for 10 years.

Dennis' date=' did I understand that you have a restriction on collector plates for milage? I never heard of that before. In wi. yoe are supposed to be off the road I believe Dec-Mar. Unless you are your way to a show. Although the milage thing would not hurt me, On my semi the spedo has not worked for 10 years.[/quote']

I just checked the statute and all it says is that the vehicle is not used for normal transportation. I use it as a driver but just locally and for an occasional car show so its not a problem.

In Canada,look at SilverWheels ...$179/yr.They only cover cars/trucks over 25 yrs. old.All drivers must be over 25 and have at least 10 years driving experience.

What is the legal driving age in Canada? In the States it is 16 so a 25 year old would not qualify until he/she was 26.

What is the legal driving age in Canada? In the States it is 16 so a 25 year old would not qualify until he/she was 26.

Yeah, I don't understand the whole "must be 25 years or older". I'm 20 years old and have no problem insuring my two daily drivers, but most of these insurance companies will not let me insure my Corvair (truck isn't on the road yet) unless I list it as a secondary everyday driver and pay alot for a few months. Also, some insurance companies don't allow people under 25 to drive them at all. My parents have to insure my cars for me so I can drive them and it was a battle to find an affordable company that would let a person under 25 years old a collector car. It can be stressfull.

26yrs...you are correct if you want this "antique collectors" rate.Also you must have a regular driver vehicle.If you want to have this a regular driver and are under 25,the rates go way up!:eek:

For 6 of my old cars it totals $459 for the year. Stated value. My whole collection only totals 56K. Must be in a lockable garage,no mileage restriction but must have a different vehicle as my main driver. J.C. Taylor AAA Inc.

The quote for mine from Progressive was $186 for 6 months. Full coverage on my custom motorcycle is under $100 a year, and I mean full coverage everything. My 69 D100 costs me about $35 a month.

Both my trucks will be getting agricultural plates. Can drive them every day, but only within a 50 mile radius of the farm. Or I'll license them at the vacation property, one time $25 plate fee and zero usage restrictions. If I run a TN antique plate and have so much as a spare tire in the bed, it is technically in violation.

The quote for mine from Progressive was $186 for 6 months. Full coverage on my custom motorcycle is under $100 a year, and I mean full coverage everything. My 69 D100 costs me about $35 a month.

Both my trucks will be getting agricultural plates. Can drive them every day, but only within a 50 mile radius of the farm. Or I'll license them at the vacation property, one time $25 plate fee and zero usage restrictions. If I run a TN antique plate and have so much as a spare tire in the bed, it is technically in violation.

That's a whole other thread!

Silly insurance & Tag rules!