front wheel dust caps

azmichael1

I just finished up replacing the front wheel cylinders,brake fluid lines and shocks and, after making everything all perdy, started the re-assembly and when I reached the final step of installing the dust caps, realised that there weren't any on there when I started out and I would like to put them on but have no idea where to buy them.................any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Mike

'48 P-15 Deluxe

Apache junction, Arizona

I bought some at Napa. They seemed exactly like the originals to me.

Do you have the part number?

They are usually in the HELP area of eh bubble pack stores.

When I've looked I haven't seen the size for my car... Which, according to the parts books, is the same for 1933 through at least 1948.

Watch out for the later ones, they are shallower and can touch the spindle. That'll make metal dust that will ruin your bearings.

Chrysler still has them, as a shop I do work for just bought 12 of them. Pricey though-about 10 bucks a piece.

Chrysler still has them, as a shop I do work for just bought 12 of them. Pricey though-about 10 bucks a piece.

I was under the impression that none of the US manufacturers stocked parts for vehicles over 10 years old. Does this mean that something as recent as a 2001 model used those same dust caps?

I think the only thing that would use them would be a 2 wheel drive truck. Wouldn't be too surprising to hear they are the same size.

I just finished up replacing the front wheel cylinders,brake fluid lines and shocks and, after making everything all perdy, started the re-assembly and when I reached the final step of installing the dust caps, realised that there weren't any on there when I started out and I would like to put them on but have no idea where to buy them.................any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Mike

'48 P-15 Deluxe

Apache junction, Arizona

I'm pretty sure that I've got an extra pair that I no longer need (because of my ECI front brakes). PM me an address and I'll send them to you.

Marty