floor mats

I love the original look of the Roberts mat but i didn't have good luck with is lasting. It began to crack where i got into the battery box after 3-4 years with it parked in the garage where the sun couldn't get to it. I think it is made with cheap imported materials. Just my 2 cents.

I followed Young Ed & Merle's lead on their choice and went to the local Tractor Supply store and found a roll. I bought it and installed it last weekend. I like it. Seems like it should last a long time.

Here are some before, during, and after shots of the floor board restoration.

The first pictures are of the floor before I started.

100_5090.jpg

100_5087.jpg

Then I covered the floor board with Zero Rust.

100_5109-1.jpg

100_5116.jpg

Then cut and fit the floor mat.

000_0035.jpg

000_0036.jpg

000_0037.jpg

I have been doing a bit of puttering on my Studebaker PU and I was looking at flooring stuff. I was thinkig of using that rubber backed carpet runner that you can get by the foot in the Home Improvement stores. But that tubbers stuff looks good. Here is what I am working with.

post-3-13585360471954_thumb.jpg

post-3-13585360472501_thumb.jpg

post-3-13585360473055_thumb.jpg

Do you fellows have an SKU number for that stuff. Look great. Is it just laying there or have you fastened it down? If so how?

Greg I just cut mine and left it laying there. It was a little curled up at first but has since layed down nicely.

Greg I just cut mine and left it laying there. It was a little curled up at first but has since layed down nicely.

Great ideas and pics here. Thanks everyone.

Does anyone have any experience using this material in their car, versus doing the floor boards in their truck?

I have found a roll of this matting at the local TSC., but my concern is how well the mat will lay down and conform to the shape and contours of the transmission hump and driveshaft tunnel?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Frank

• 1 month later...

might have a line on some GOOD floor mats, but the minimum order is 50....trying to get a sample to see how they compare, but supposedly these are off of old tools and dang near original (even molded for our floors).

Fellows:

Awsome work on those Mats! They look Great! Back in the day when I was young and poor we just used old Skatter Mats to cover the holes in the Floor Boards so Possums would'nt jump in the Cab wif us and Bite ussuns - that is to say me and the Missus and the Younguns that is.:eek:

Tom Skinner

Huntersville, NC