brake lines and fuel line

michael.warshaw

If it's like a 47 Chrysler, the fuel line runs along the outside of the driver's side frame rail, through the body hangers and over the hump to the tank. Offhand I can't remember exactly where it crosses over the frame to the tank but its probably at the top of the hump over the rear axle.

These two pictures give you a good idea of where the gas line runs. Brake line would be on the inside of the frame. The person who tore your car apart should have a good idea and should have taken pictures. Hope these help.

DSCN5357.jpg

DSCN5358.jpg

Mike, I hate to tell you at this late date but if the shop doing the work on your car did not take pictures and notes on everything so they could reassemble the car to #1 standards then your shop is incompetent. You should not have to be asking the questions that you have been asking if the shop is a competent automobile restoration shop, they should be able to restore a car to the owners desired configuration on their own. All that should be required of you is the writing of the monthly check to cover the work done to date. You should not be having to burn shoe rubber looking for parts that they should know how to find even better than any of us do,its their job. Too many people rush into this type of restoration without checking the shops references and the project stalls,after a year the car owner loses interest and sells what is left.

Well Michael I do truly feel sorry for you, as you will have a tough row to hoe to get this project finished and back on the road again. This will be an experience that you can build on so if in the future you venture this way again you might take the time to ask around and find a competent shop the first time out. Too many people in their enthusiasm rush into this large of a project without doing any research on the shops doing the work and end up having to move the car several times and be charged extra because each shop had to undo or redo what the other had done. Many times in cases of this type the vehicle will be apart in someones shop with no work being done for several years before the owner can get legel ownership of his vehicle to move it, and hope he can find someone else who is willing to take on an disassemble vehicle missing who knows how many parts and hardware. It will generally cost the owner many times what it should before the project is complete, that is why you see so many half finished projects for sale, the owner just gives up. Very few of us here on the forum would be willing to take on a project of this magnitude, although some have and are doing so. My hat is off to them as it takes a multi year commitment to finish a project of this scope by one person. Sometimes just having a fat check book is not enough.

Edited by james curl
addition

...As dezeldoc mentioned a book is invaluable - this book is required,if you don't already have one,I would look for a copy.Lots of exploded drawings and part numbers.:)

post-423-13585355039506_thumb.jpg

post-423-13585355037439_thumb.jpg

Michael,

I know its seems like everyone is picking on you at times, but please try to understand we are just a bunch of "Tough Love" guys. Let me explain. Most of us on this Forum have restored many cars - mostly Mopars with our own two hands. As a matter of fact for years at car shows I wouldn't even stop to talk to the guys that "just grabbed their wallets" instead of a wrench to fix their cars. I am a little older now and show everyone respect much better.

So when you send out (looks like your close to 1000) posts asking questions without a book/service manual/parts manual you get alot of flack.

We respect the guys that have "grease under their fingernails".

So just a word of advice - even though you didn't ask for it - please buy the book it will help you with your "Labor of Love".

We want to help you too, but Tough Love shows others how to do things for themselves. I know I probably speak for many guys on this Forum, but if I don't and I have offended you, then my apology is in order. Sometimes it seems to me your just trying to outbest everyone here with the most posts.

Content matters. I for one am pretty quiet on this Forum. When I do post I try to help someone with a repair or problem. We tend to be givers here not takers. Good Luck on your project, I do wish you the best of luck and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I write we really hope you finish your car in a splendid fashion.

Tom Skinner

Huntersville, NC

i have the books.

Let me guess! Your time is TOO VALUABLE to be spent actually reading them and studying them. In the time you have spent asking questions and the amount of money that you have wasted you could have paid yourself to have read the books, and would be much further along.

You claimed in an earlier post that you are actually quite handy, but this P15 is just so different, you claimed. Then in a more recent post you claim to have once owned a 1930's Chevrolet. Your experiences with the Chevrolet and the time spent reading and understanding the shop manual and the parts catalogue should have you sailing along in fine fashion.

If you run your law practice this way, I am amased that you are still in business! No venture can be truly successful by simply throwing money at problems. You might as well mail me and every one else here money willy-nilly. You will probably have more success in getting your car finished than just throwing money at mechanic after crooked mechanic.

BTW, if you actually spent $2K for that camera, you got robbed! My first $20 Polaroid digital camera that I bought 10 years ago takes clearer less grainy pictures than your new $2K camera. Pictures actually look like they were taken with the cheapest camera phone Blackberry still supports.

One solution may be to buy a running complete car to use as a guide. When yours is done, sell the guide car.

I have hundreds of pictures of my Chrysler and all the old parts are in heavy Glad freezer bags WITH a print.

Plus I have a parts car that won't be parted out until I'm done (or my estate sells the whole kaboodle ;) )

My cameras were both under $200 each.

I would be very surprised if Mikey has tiime to work, with so many ideas and money spending going on his head.

Mikey what exactly do you do for a living? And let's be honest, you can fess up, no big deal.

I would be very surprised if Mikey has tiime to work, with so many ideas and money spending going on his head.

Mikey what exactly do you do for a living? And let's be honest, you can fess up, no big deal.

Fred I think you must be wondering if he knows the difference between a writ of mandamus and a man named Amos :rolleyes:

Guest P15-D24

This is the third thread I've seen where it has turned into a bashing of an individual. He had a legit question and your responses will be civil. If you can't do that your are gone.