New to the forum with pics of my 47 Plymouth

Leroy_47_Plymouth

Welcome

That car is a beauty!

I sure wouldn't be taking that lucky old survivor apart.

It's only original once and that is so special as is. Just clean the heck out of it and polish it up and drive the old lady.

Of course it's yours to do as you please. Just have fun with it!!

Hi Leroy, from one of the the UK contingent. The car looks superb. There are about half a dozen P15's in the UK that I know about including a convertible belonging to a member (Robin). You won't be dissapointed with your car - built like a tank with good, sensible engineering. The car history is wonderful bonus. I wish you many happy miles - I've had my car 5 years, driven whenever the sun is out and it has never let me down. Welcome aboard!

Welcome ...What's the red knob closest to the shifter in the first dash pic?

It looks like it says "Unity" on it, so I bet it's for the fog lights.

Great to see the car is appreciated. During a car show when my uncle did bring it to show there was very little interest in comparison to other cars that steal the limelight. The car will remain as it is in original condition. I have no plans on stripping it down for a rebuild or restore. It doesn't need it. Right now it remains at his garage. The garage I'll work on it will be available at the end of June. I'm trying to negotiate the 9,000 lb lift for the garage which is a prime piece of equipment.

Great to see the car is appreciated. During a car show when my uncle did bring it to show there was very little interest in comparison to other cars that steal the limelight. The car will remain as it is in original condition. I have no plans on stripping it down for a rebuild or restore. It doesn't need it. Right now it remains at his garage. The garage I'll work on it will be available at the end of June. I'm trying to negotiate the 9,000 lb lift for the garage which is a prime piece of equipment.

I hear what you're saying about 'our' cars perhaps not having as much interest as a lot of others at car shows, but I find most who do take the time to seek you out to talk generally know more about 'our' cars and have more interesting things to say - it makes for a more intelligent conversation rather than Joe Public just coming over and saying.... "hey......that's a really shiney pipe....whatsit do?..duh...."

You can have a good conversation with most anyone who knows what an "L" head 6 is!!:D I think that we're the 'quiet' achievers, eh?

That doesnt look like a factory color(well it kinda looks like the convertible only red) so I'm guessing its a repaint. What color is the firewall or the door jams?

Or - under a piece of chrome trim, or on the back side of the door

beneath the door panel, or on the underside of the body somewhere...

9 out of 10 times a beneath the hood shot will tell the tale..check the paint edge along the trunk edge..if there is a neat pretty paint line on the fold of the skin that is body color and then the frame is ecosheen..or frame is body color ..I would say repaint..overspray is a dead give away also on inner fenders etc etc..

This is one perfect looking car. Man, that is the color I have been looking for for my '48 Desoto. Do you know the color? The wood graining is very clear and pristine. Obviously has been garaged most of its life. Thanks for sharing!

• 10 months later...

Hello from a fellow Mass resident! We're not too far apart, as I live in Bolton, MA. Just got myself my first p15. It's a '48 S/D, and like yours a four door. Im the third owner and not as lucky as you are to have the history of your car. Drove my car twice since i got it and i just cant wait for the snow to melt so i can get out in her more often. Maybe we'll meet on the road sometime. My moms side of the family is all from that area. By the way you should look up the massachusetts group on this site and register, maybe we can have a Plymouth meet up this summer.

Cheers & happy motoring!

Hi Bob - This photo taken in front of our town library yesterday. I also uploaded a bunch of photos to photo gallery that can be found by following the link from my user name. Every time I'm with the car I take a few more reference photos so I can search for replacement parts with out having to drive two towns over to the garage where I have the car stored. Let me know if you have difficulty finding that and I will post a link. - Happy motoring! - Mark

post-7609-13585359891886_thumb.jpg