MSRP - '48 P-15 SD 4-Door

randroid

Randy is this your normal everyday car ins company or a specialty company? Sounds like its the everyday one if so you need to switch for the p15.

Randy;

I suggest you buy antique auto insurance from a company such as J.C Taylor, Hagerty, or other specialized companies (Google "antique auto insurance") and you will get around 1.4 million hits to choose from. Then you can set your value for your car. I use Taylor and pay less than three hundred yearly and the value I placed on my car is about twelve grand.

Randy;

I suggest you buy antique auto insurance from a company such as J.C Taylor, Hagerty, or other specialized companies (Google "antique auto insurance") and you will get around 1.4 million hits to choose from. Then you can set your value for your car. I use Taylor and pay less than three hundred yearly and the value I placed on my car is about twelve grand.

My value is $12,000 and I pay under $300 also with Hagerty.

Call the established classic car isureres Grundy, Hagerty, American collectors. With any ot them you can set up a policy on line at agreed value that will cover the ocst of your spares etc. Some of them have mileage restrictions usually 2 to 3K a year but they will give you agreed value. the more value you put o it the more they charge. I have 17K on mine from Am Coll for about 120 a year of less.

Just had to sent the some pictures, and prove I had anouther car.

I just insured my 47 with Grundy for $316.80 annually with a value of $20K. I talked to Hagerty first; the modifications to the engine didn't push the car into the modified category, but the fact that it was lowered 2 inches did! Grundy didn't care about those details; I just sent them a full set of photos (including a couple of it sitting in its garage) and they insured it.

Marty

Also check your not insured/underinsured values. Apparently to keep the rates low some of the old car places set that way lower then modern car ins. Guy in our club crashed and used up all the ins the guy who hit them had along with their under insured amount and still had to pay some himself.

Folks,

Thanks for the quick responses and solid advice. I'm just going to drive it about four miles then cancel the insurance until it actually gets back on the road, at which time I'll go with one of the old car insurers mentioned. When it goes for that four mile ride it will be towed by AAA and they require insurance to do anything.

We have used GEICO on all five of our cars for many years and could not be happier with them. Lynn's former car got clobbered in a hit-and-run (she was the 'hittee', not the 'hitter') and they did right by us without raising any rates.

Thanks again.

-Randy

I insure my 39 desoto also with Grundy for 121 yearly. the car is valued at 16K with 300000 in liability.

Several years ago i hit the right rear fender and did a good job of denting the fender. I just called them and they said to get an estimate and send it to them. Id did this they did not even look at the car. Within in a week I had a check for around $2200 and the car was fixed.

Do NOt again DO NOT insure your antique cars with your regualr car insurance compnay. You need to insure with a compnay that is in the antique car insurance like Grundy JC Taylor Hagerty Congdons and Skelly. This topic is brought up each year at the AACA convention. Your regular car compnay will take your money but when it comes to paying out then they go against the Blue Book value and this is just an old car that has no value. They took your money.

Grundy does not care how many miles thaty you put onthe car. These are good guys.

Rich Hartung