OT Photo's of damage done to cars at the Barret Jackson show

JIPJOBXX

I wonder how they truly represented the Tucker convertible...the ad does not have a disclaimer on originality but we all know about the argued history of the car..it suffered minor damage in the windstorm..it will go to the restorer who did the car prior to offering for sale and be delivered to the buyer repaired as current restoration..now assuming the word restoration is actually used, then the car must be documented as a true convertible else it is not a resto but a modified..what is the true story? Many pages of affidavits and other proofs are offered but it still boils down to the fact the car was assembled after the closure of the factory as I read it...it was never sold by Tucker while his corporation was liquid...there was another attempt to assemble cars after the production date from "remaining spares" and was at first to be sold as originals that ended in a bust...there were renamed to prevent a lawsuit...

Hey new Cobras are bing assembled from original parts but not by Shelby. should I not cash out some of my portfolio to buy one????? It says they can be registered a new 1966 cars..............

The assembly quality is probably much better now than it was before.

can registered as a 66 but not as an original..it is supposed to be marked "continuation Cobra" thus the limits to prevent the class action lawsuit...you picked up on that quick Greg...

I still have many questions concerning the convertible Tucker...the company had the proto and 50 production cars...total 51...and to read the affadivits I see that car number 57 was "planned" to have the top cut off and a convertible made...now mind you in my way of thinking....that leaves production cars 52, 53, 54 55 and 56 and as such would have more in the way of final assembly than that of 57...these cars are not mentioned..where are they...this is my big question as to who what when and where..

so with 51 produced, two destroyed, one in limbo out there somewhere..for a total of 48 surviving of 51 total and all of a sudden #57 is there and the other 5 chassis unaccounted for...just a thinking man asking questions...

I was watching some of the Barrett-Jackson on the tube last night and they mentioned the wind damage at "one of the other auctions that have sprouted up around the Barrett-Jackson event" implying that the BJ has drawn such huge crowds that other auction houses are springing up to take advantage of the crowds.

..I see on the Old Cars Weekly news that bidding reached $1.4 million on the Tucker convertible last night but was a "no sale".Be interesting to know what the reserve was

Do you guys think B. Jackson has affected the price of old cars? It's often brought up at work as we talk about old cars. I personally wouldn't put one through an aucton that dosen't have a reserve. If you've got oranges and they come to buy apples, you could lose out big time.

I know some people who have sold and bought cars at BJ. People who sell usually lose a bundle. When you have a car or truck professionally restored you can exceed $500,000.00 real quick. Some of the cars that sell at BJ have that kind of money invested in them and sell for less than half. If you are trying to win the Ridder award or the most beautiful roadster award some spend over $1,000,000.00 and still do not win the award. I had coffee with the owners of a high end modification shop that builds cars for that type of client and one of their client this morning. They left after lunch pulling a two car enclosed trailer behind the clients motor home for Pomona Calif. They built a 55 Chevy pick that sold a few years back of over $200,000.00 at a BJ auction and they made a small profit on their own project done to keep the hands busy during slow times.

I have watched BJ for some time now. Those cars have nothing in common with mine. I look at them as museum cars. The wife and I was looking a couple of nights ago and saw a car that was real nice. It went for a low price. They showed the underside and it was perfect. She asked me if we could drive it to the store or out to dinner like we do sometimes with our cars. She caught herself and said for that kind of money it should be serving us:)

When a car builder, hobbiest, collector. Puts a car together he will never get the money and sweat eq. he has in it out of it unless he spends time driving, showing and enjoying it for a time. Then he can not lose any money on the sale of it.

The Tucker convert is a great car saw it at the Hershey show. I even saw the builder. As you all might remember I went to a Tucker museum in Alexandia VA a couple of years ago and saw three perfect Tuckers. Those cars just sit and are not enjoyed on the road by anyone.:mad: