my new floor mat

I followed Merles fine example and bought a rubber mat from fleet farm. I used some heavy paper that came in the box from the miter saw I bought on vacation in WI. Transfered the pattern over to the rubber cutting it a little big. Did the final trimming after installation.

DSC00256.jpg

Planning on something very similar for my Studie. Looked at rubber matting like they use for a walk off mat. But have decided to use the carpet runner with the rubber backing from the home improvement store. I will probably use three pieces because of the hump in the floor and figure some way to fasten them together. Also looked at some stair treads to put on the interior running boards. Working ona do it yourself headliners also.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of Pilothouse replacement rubber mats similar to factory original. My driver still has a fairly good mat but I would like to find another for my frame-off project, also a 1951-2 B3B. Here is the mat from my driver, but I don't know if it was OEM or after market. It would be nice if we could find someone to copy the print and make a few dozen for the members. I would be willing to offer my mat as a pattern.

Tailgatebadgehubcaps021.jpg

Tailgatebadgehubcaps017.jpg

Tailgatebadgehubcaps019.jpg

Tailgatebadgehubcaps020.jpg

I believe the original mat had a diamond pattern in it. The mat in your pictures looks like the same mat I have in my truck. I bought it from J. C. Whitney back around 1979 - 80. Although not the original pattern, it does look very nice, and fits good also.

My main reason for making my own was I wanted it to wrap around the seat frame instead of going straight across. Mostly this is to hide the black floor that my truck has because whoever painted it red missed lots of spots.

I also bought some of those 1948-53 JC Whitney truck floor mats back in the mid 80's when they had a close out on them-around $20.00 each as I recall. I have them in a couple of my trucks. I cut and installed 3/16" commercial roof torch down as a sound deadner 1st - this material is super tough too! Quiets the truck down and also helps keep the floor temp lower too. On top of the 3/16" layer I have my Old Stock JC Whitney mats on top of that.

Bob