100,000 posts. (OT)

_shel_ny

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually' date=' just before I made this post the total count was 97,643.

If you want to keep track of that count, it's on the index page under "What's Going On".[/quote']

I got to keep an eye on this....:D If I get it it will for sure be a welcome to the forum or a joke! that might piss off some people!!! :D

I'm with Don on this one. I don't see anything like that. However, if I look at the bar on the bottom of my screen that shows when the site is loading and is finished loading, I do see those numbers. I don't have to make a post to see that. All I have to do is hold the cursor over the reply or quote button. However, if you go to the Index page of the site, it says there are only 97,600 something. That number also goes up with each post someone makes.

So..........I agree that you may be seeing those numbers, but also that the two numbers don't agree. Wonder why that is?:confused:

Shel,

That's not the number I was talking about, or the bar. When I hold the cursor over the reply or quote button I see the 98,000 number in the bar just above the start button in the lower left corner of the monitor. Those words and numbers will stay there as long as I don't move the cursor off the reply or quote button. But......like I said, while the number does agree with the 98,000 something you mentioned, it doesn't agree with the number in the Index page.

Well, I'm going to add one more to the total as I need one more post to hit 700. Slowly working toward becoming a Zen Master at 1000. I find whenever I get close to one of the hundreds I start to post more. Now I can stop for a while.:P I think when you hit 5000 posts like some members have, you should reach another level beyond Zen Master. How about it GTK?

This is what I get with the cursor over a post after clicking reply.

98943hw7.jpg

Ok guys, I now can see what Shel is seeing. Robert and I was looking at a different location than Shel was, and probably everyone else was too.

Look at the picture Shel posted and the location of his cursor. If you hit the reply button or the quote button, then scroll down to the previous post in the thread, put your cursor over any printed section of the previous thread, hold it there and you'll see the number Shel is seeing. If you do that for each persons post, you'll also see different numbers. Like Shel, I have to assume that is supposed to be the number of that particular post. However, the total number of post still doesn't agree with the total on the Index page.

actually if you go to the page with all the forums listed..at the bottom is the status of who is online and below that is the stats of the forum..this shows some 2000+ before the magic number...

get the head count...some 2300 members, right at 516 of them are active contributors..

• 2 weeks later...