'41 Plymouth Sedan Delivery - First shot

Bob Riding

41panelrear.jpgsedandel.jpg41panelrear2.jpg[/img]

Reluctantly I have decided to sell my '41 Sedan delivery. With the other wagon projects, I just won't get around to it anytime soon, and I don't want it to just sit there - I know it could give someone else alot of pleasure restoring it. It's all there...especially stainless trim, and a sweet running 218.

Before I put it on Craigslist or the local paper, I thought I'd see if there was any interest from Forum members. I'd prefer that it not be cut up or rodded, but the main point is to get it on the road again, so if you know of an interested party, you can send me a message. I'm flexible on price, and I can deliver within 200 miles from Fresno, CA

I will also list it under "Cars For Sale"

Thanks

Bob

i bob....i promised myself if i ever bought a 3rd plymouth in my stable it would be a '41 panel. i have been teased a few times on another coupe...but .

my email is new , not claybill anymore........bill24@netexpress.net

send me some partciulars and price. calif is a long haul..are you near

sacramento ? dont know how i would get there....everything is so pricey these days.

bill

Please, please, please do not sell it to a hot rodder. That vehicle is a great survivor and should be kept original. I have said it before and I know it annoys some members but I would rather see a nice sweet vehicle like that crushed before it is hotrodded. If I was closer, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Robert; I guess it's like selling your house - all the hard work and unique touches that you put into it are, in the end, for you only. I will do my best to be selective. The history of these cars is what is so cool. This sedan delivery is what eventally became the cargo van. According to Jim Benjaminson's book, "Plymouth Commercial Vehicles-Photo Archive", 1941 was the last year for the Plymouth pickup truck, ambulance conversion and Sedan Delivery and they only produced a few hundred of each.

Bobimage0-1.jpg

WoW, I have never seen a 41 Panel before, I have always liked the 41 Plymouth model year. I want to thank you for the info about the trucks, I did not know this was the last year for Plymouth trucks. I have always liked Mercury and Plymouth trucks. I am sorry you are selling it. It is very mature of you to realize that you can't dedicate time to it. I know you will not have a problem selling it. Good luck with it Bob.

Yes 41 is the last year for plymouth trucks but they aren't as rare as the other 2 commercial models. Plymouth made about 6K trucks each year 37-41. There are 1 37 3 40s and 3 41 plymouth pickups just in our region of the POC.

And whats wrong with us Hot Rodders?........lol........at least we get them on the road!!!!.........lol.........see pics of my mopar madness at About Us on www.scaleautomobilia.com.au..............regards, andyd

Gawd, I love that thing! I'm a hot-rodder but no way would I do anything to alter such a complete and original beauty. A real hot-rodder would never do anything to it beyond a few bolt-on engine goodies. It's the (*expletive deleted by poster*) street-rodders that you want to keep it away from! Do you think it'd make it to NC? :D

Gawd, I love that thing! I'm a hot-rodder but no way would I do anything to alter such a complete and original beauty. A real hot-rodder would never do anything to it beyond a few bolt-on engine goodies. It's the street-rodders that you want to keep it away from! Do you think it'd make it to NC? :D

The above post looks much better with the one word left out. We aren't the HAMB forum.

Bob, that's a rare beauty for sure. 41 Plymouth is my favorite of all the Mopars. Wish I had the time, money, room, money and energy to take it on.

Think how great it would look if you lopped off that roof and turned it into a one and only 41 Plymouth Phaeton!

Hey, just kidding.

I probably wouldn't do any real body changes, but if I had one of those they do make great looking street rods without chopping and dicing. Just lowering it, some nice wheels and a neat paint job with custom interior is all thats needed. Would change out the seat to nice buckets and have nice finished sidewalls and carpet in the back. Add a V8 that fits with automatic and new rearend, disc brakes, leave off the front bumper and you have a real nice street rod you could drive anyplace.

Plus, if someone wanted to later go back to original, they could easily do it because the actual body would be the same.

The above post looks much better with the one word left out. We aren't the HAMB forum.

I know. If it was I'd have said M-F street-rodders like I really wanted to.

I probably wouldn't do any real body changes' date=' but if I had one of those they do make great looking street rods without chopping and dicing. Just lowering it, some nice wheels and a neat paint job with custom interior is all thats needed. Would change out the seat to nice buckets and have nice finished sidewalls and carpet in the back. Add a V8 that fits with automatic and new rearend, disc brakes, leave off the front bumper and you have a real nice street rod you could drive anyplace.

[/quote']

And you prove my point. No respect for such a nice, rare and wonderful nearly 70 year old survivor. If it was an old shell with no running gear, that'd be one thing. But we must respect such excellent survivors or soon they'll be none.

One thing I've found with the P15-D24 forum is, we all have different backgrounds, we all have strongly held beliefs but in this one spot we manage to put a lot of that aside and have a great time without profanity, name calling, flaming, and other internet oddities.

Quite a few members here are also HAMBers. I've been a HAMB member for quite a while. We also have restorers, street rodders, hot rodders, and yes even rat rodders, low riders, guys with driveable cars and guys who dream of having theirs up and running some day. We have members who are wealthy folks, poor folks, government workers, even lawyers. LAWYERS??? WHAT THE....

For the most part we share the good stuff and keep the negatives to a minimum. It's part of the P15-D24 culture just as the HAMB has its own culture. I notice the forum membership is really taking off and it shows in all the fresh enthusiasm and sharing of knowledge. I'm all for it. But this ain't the HAMB, hope it never will be, and just like that forum, there are ways to behave and ways that are not acceptable to the other members. That's the way it is.

I will now step off my soap box and return the thread to the original topic:) .

You're right Normspeed and I'll be the first to admit that I'm an opinionated guy. Heck, even as many real Model As as there are, I'd be hard pressed to tear apart and hot-rod such a nice survivor as this SD is.

I'm also a HAMB member and as much as I enjoy the place, I'd tone it down a bit if I ran it. And more for some of the general nastiness that occurs sometimes than just the language. But it is a great site for those of us who love hot-rodding the way it was, before mail-order rods and billet-laden garbage wagons. But this is an awesome site too and I don't mean to offend the sensibilities of anyone here or the site as a whole. It certainly has the right to choose it's decorum and I or anyone who wants to visit here should respect that. So I'll apologize to Norm's Coupe and anyone else who was offended by that word.

You're right Normspeed and I'll be the first to admit that I'm an opinionated guy. Heck, even as many real Model As as there are, I'd be hard pressed to tear apart and hot-rod such a nice survivor as this SD is.

I'm also a HAMB member and as much as I enjoy the place, I'd tone it down a bit if I ran it. And more for some of the general nastiness that occurs sometimes than just the language. But it is a great site for those of us who love hot-rodding the way it was, before mail-order rods and billet-laden garbage wagons. But this is an awesome site too and I don't mean to offend the sensibilities of anyone here or the site as a whole. It certainly has the right to choose it's decorum and I or anyone who wants to visit here should respect that. So I'll apologize to Norm's Coupe and anyone else who was offended by that word.

Actually you didn't offend me personally. I've been known to use a little "blue" language myself, but not on a public forum. However, I don't visit the HAMB or read the rod magazines that use that kind of language either. Its just that we have always considered this a family type forum that anyone can read regardless of age or personal beliefs. Don't know if they are still around since we switched to this format for the forum, but..............if they are, we even have at least one or two men of the cloth that I know of as forum members.

Thanks for your apology, and to correct the situation, if you would, you could also edit your original post. You can still express your sentiments with other colorful language. Perhaps execrable fits. as in inferior, detestable, abhorrent.

well...with all this talk...i am interested in this sedan delivery.

we have a pottery studio here in illinois and drive around the tri-states with our wares...it would make a beautiful tribute to the ill/iowa/wisc landscape for sure.

lets see what happens..bob R is working on it..

bill

well...with all this talk...i am interested in this sedan delivery.

we have a pottery studio here in illinois and drive around the tri-states with our wares...it would make a beautiful tribute to the ill/iowa/wisc landscape for sure.

lets see what happens..bob R is working on it..

bill

Bill, that would be neat. Would also be a nice fun business expense that you could write off on the taxes as both a delivery vehicle and advertising.:D:cool: If you go with the mileage deduction instead of the depreciation deduction, its the deduction that never stops giving, especially if you put a lot of miles on it.