48 P15 hood lift modification

TKILL

Yes it was purchased I have since installed a holley sniper fuel system on it. Chaged out the fuel pump and new distributor.  Need ideas on a hood lift sytem.

Yes, that info would have been interesting to have to begin with.  None of us are Kreskin.

You realize the info on the ad was wrong in regards to the engine?

Anyway, what do you mean by a "hood lift system"?

A little bit of an introduction by the OP would have been nice. Just jumping in asking for information leaves me cold. I have what he needs but not going there. 

9 hours ago, TKILL said:

Something other than spring assisted, Hydraulic arms or a type of scissor hinge.

When you act like getting info out if you is akin to pulling teeth help will not be forthcoming.

This is a modification that I do not think anyone here has done so you are pretty much on your own.

If you wanted to return it to proper original working condition, help would be there.

Start checking out lift supports similar to those used on the rear hatches of SUVs.  They come in varying lengths and strengths. Some fabrication may be needed to attach them, i.e. welding and cutting.  Electric could also be used, again, some are used to auto close tail hatches, and passenger entrance doors on vans or tonneau covers.  

The problem with fabrication is it's likely to mess up that lavender paint and if it's custom mixed you better have some on hand.

If you're looking for specific parts, you'll be reminded to post them in the classified section, not in the main forum.  Other forum may tolerate want ads and for sales in the main.  This one does not.

• Like 1