1951 Dodge Coronet Diplomat club coupe

War Dog

I just wanted to show you fellow flathead Dodge brothers and sisters our new addition to the family. It needs a good cleaning. 66k original miles. Gotta redo the brakes  it’s a one owner car. Car has all the original paper work and hang tags from when it was new.. it has its original hub caps. We just have them off.

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_0237.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2311.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2312.jpeg

• Like 10

It’s been setting about 4 years. The brakes are down. The car was garaged it whole life except the last 4 years. It has I hole behind the front seat. Had the car on a lift. It’s very solid.

11 hours ago, Ivan_B said:

How long has it been sitting in that yard? I see mold and the floors are probably gone ?

That's a positive friendly comment...

• Like 1

Sorry ? I mean, it's great to have a new original car, etc. But there could be serious problems the owner needs to know about.

@War Dog What's the plan? Complete strip down and body restoration; mechanical repairs and rust treatment; or something else? I am just very sensitive when it comes to rust issues. All of this should be treated immediately to prevent further deterioration.

That's a rare top of the line Dodge!

Second year of the Diplomat hardtop.

It's complete and looks like a great car to bring back to life and enjoy.

Of course it has the Gyro-Matic trans too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cef2lion said:

What is the silver box below the glovebox?

My guess is that it's an accessory tissue dispenser.

Super-nice car.  Hope you get it on the road soon.

• Like 1

The silver box is a tissue dispenser. The plan is to clean it. Fix any mechanical issues it has and enjoy it. It will be repainted eventually.  The car has its original paper work. We got pictures of it when it was brand new. We hope to fi nd fender skirts and we are thinking about putting a visor on it. Isn’t was a no no m no no no

Thebwindshields on the hardtops are pretty low profile.

I saw one on a 50  DeSoto Sportsman...same convert/hardtop windshield...looked kinda goofy.

But whada I know?

9 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Thebwindshields on the hardtops are pretty low profile.

I saw one on a 50  DeSoto Sportsman...same convert/hardtop windshield...looked kinda goofy.

But whada I know?

I owned a 54 Desoto nice cars. I’ve seen a blue hard top with a blue see thru visor. It look killer. But different strokes for different folks as they say. I’ve owned Dodges

my entire life. Except for a 57’ imperial. Now that was a car! We are just going to get the old Dodge up and going first. Worry about that stuff later.

• Like 2

Once you get it running and on the road, I'd try spending a weekend cleaning, buffing and waxing that paint.  You might be surprised at how good it will look with the paint as-is once that's done. 

Edited by hi_volt