B2B Door Handles

Hoi folk..

I have difficulty locating new Dodge door handles at a reasonable cost for my 1950 Dodge Fargo B2B

just wonder if any here are using Ford (sorry for the bad language) door handles and what other makes ones will fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270657971831?item=270657971831&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

post-2817-0-12477200-1375866538_thumb.jpg

post-2817-0-86040900-1375866565_thumb.jpg

Those Ford handles look like they would work just fine. I believe Roberts has repro dodge handles. Merle bought repro eschutchins from I think a MAC truck place. They might have handles too.  

Ford and Mack. Once they are installed, only the hardcore can tell the difference. You can also get the handles out of SOME Anglias, Nashes, GM products, other big rigs...

You can also run a few years of F100 tailgate hinges, tailgate chains, voltage regulators, generators (easy source of 12v conversion that looks stock)...

Many thanks Kev, did look earlier at those links..but the cost of postage and higher cost for the items makes it just to expensive!

the ford parts are $28  postage + $65 so its doable...

Unless you can help again with cheaper post now the oz dollar is going down?

I will ask dodgecentral about postage..but really have not high hope..

Edited by dontknowitall

• 1 year later...

How  did this work out for you dontknowitall? did you encounter any problems? was thinking the same thing. Dodge outside ford inside was there any problems since  their Escutcheons are different? and have teeth that go into the door panel? did you still have to use a spring?  how about the handle pin. Let me know if you can

How  did this work out for you dontknowitall? did you encounter any problems? was thinking the same thing. Dodge outside ford inside was there any problems since  their Escutcheons are different? and have teeth that go into the door panel? did you still have to use a spring?  how about the handle pin. Let me know if you can

Hi mate, no problem with these..did use my old escutcheons with springs..fits great. 

Got my new interior door handles from http://so-calspeedshop.com, as well as window cranks....now those cranks will be hitting ebay I guess since I went power window instead. They had outer handles too, but careful...a lot of the Ford outter handles have different mount spacing. I was going to try and find a nice version of the exterior locking door handles, but the only ones with the correct spacing are for truck caps,and their not very pretty.

I found escutcheons from MAC's that are nearly a match to my originals. I only had to polish down the handles slightly for a better fit in the new "Ford" escutcheons. 

Here's the thread I did on that. http://p15-d24.com/topic/32001-door-handle-escutcheons/?hl=escutcheon

Merle