Desoto Rollover

Oldguy48

As I had posted earlier, I lost my mother this past week.  While perusing old photographs to use at her viewing, I came across this one.  She was on her way to a Sunday School class meeting one winter evening and the roads were icy.  The car slid, went over a bank, and rolled a few times before coming to a stop.  She was thrown out of the car, and because the headlights remained on, a passing motorist was alerted to the accident. She was transported to the local hospital, and though injured, she recovered.   I had remembered the accident, although I was pretty young at the time, but after looking at the photograph, I noticed that the doors had popped open during the rollover.  A scary photograph!!

post-527-0-49263800-1373508813_thumb.jpg

I would say that pure luck saved her life. Anytime you are thrown from a vehicle, your life is in the hands of the fates. I would much rather have that accident in a Ford Focus or other new vehicle. Seat belts, air bags, collapsible steering columns, protective zones, etc. save countless lives.

• Like 2