Anyone Recognize This?

Young Ed

This is the interior light lense and bezel for a W series truck. As I was swapping out the switch bezel for one from my p15 I thought it possible maybe this is from a car too. Its not the same as 46-52 plymouth but maybe dodge or some other mopar?? I'd like to find a better one and if I can source one from a car that would make it a much easier find.

IMAG0872.jpg

My parts book shows this as #920418. Oddly is says panel underneath it and shows a round one for cab. I personally removed this out of a junkyard reg cab truck that I don't think had moved in 40 years. The only reason the bezel is so bad is someone had taken it off and left it laying lose.

Ed , Those came in either chrome or painted . It seems that the same part also came in some of the Pilot House trucks . I have one in black paint that you can have . The chrome does look better though , and chrome will match your switch . How is your glass ? I have an extra glass lens too . I had the black one in my truck and switched to chrome . 

Ed , Those came in either chrome or painted . It seems that the same part also came in some of the Pilot House trucks . I have one in black paint that you can have . The chrome does look better though , and chrome will match your switch . How is your glass ? I have an extra glass lens too . I had the black one in my truck and switched to chrome . 

Thanks Jerry I honestly haven't even pulled the glass out to clean it and check it over. I know the backing that holds the glass into the chrome is quite rusted. I have a pilot house interior light but its slightly different as far as the chrome goes. It has an internal switch instead of the separate one like I have. I do have a painted version too so I should be good. Sounds like I will probably have to suck it up and get my current one replated.

I have also seen the same dome light in large earlier Dodge flat bed trucks perhaps 1937 - 1938 . If that backing that holds the glass is too rusted , let me know as I might have that too . When installing the dome light you will need four spacers on the corners about 1/8 " thick , this holds the housing away from the headliner so that the bezel has room to snap in place . The original spacers were leather and had the shape of flat faucet washers . If you happen to drill a hole in your ABS headliner in the wrong spot , Use a hole punch in a scrap of material to make a round plug for a patch . I think the later years of the 1939 - 1947 trucks had the internal switch , they all used the same glass though . There has been a lens and chrome bezel on ebay recently but I think the guy wanted too much $ . If you post your photo on the Pilot House side someone might have it in chrome .